Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I need to have a short business meeting with a colleague from Sharjah and a supplier from Abu Dhabi. All are agreeable to meet somewhere in-between, question is where! I guess somewhere near the Ghantoot border for a chat over a coffee would suffice. What is the first ADNOC southbound like - is there a Costa or similar?

Any recommendations welcome - need to arrange today for meeting tomorrow.

Thanks, Lamp

·
Registered
864 Posts
Hi

I need to have a short business meeting with a colleague from Sharjah and a supplier from Abu Dhabi. All are agreeable to meet somewhere in-between, question is where! I guess somewhere near the Ghantoot border for a chat over a coffee would suffice. What is the first ADNOC southbound like - is there a Costa or similar?

Any recommendations welcome - need to arrange today for meeting tomorrow.

Thanks, Lamp
Don't remember what was there at the ADNOC, think it may have been a Burger King...

but there is a decent-ish restaurant/cafe just past the ADNOC on way to AD that you could probably use to meet your supplier...

Pretty sure I remember another one going towards DXB directly opposite as well...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Well what do you know... it shows up...

Google maps, search for "Ghantoot Polo Club, Abu Dhabi" and it actually shows you the place I was talking about if you zoom in a bit up and down the road... apparently there is also a Subway on the other end...

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well what do you know... it shows up...

Google maps, search for "Ghantoot Polo Club, Abu Dhabi" and it actually shows you the place I was talking about if you zoom in a bit up and down the road... apparently there is also a Subway on the other end...
Got it - thanks!!

·
Registered
1,452 Posts
For a fair place between Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, I suggest Bin Batuta Mall; not fair in terms of distance but definitely in terms of time taken.

·
Registered
387 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For a fair place between Sharjah and Abu Dhabi, I suggest Bin Batuta Mall; not fair in terms of distance but definitely in terms of time taken.
Would be great for me, I am 10 mins away :)

It's we who have persuaded the guy to head north from Abu Dhabi, so for us to request him to venture much past the border would be pushing it a tad. I was looking for somewhere Jebel Ali-ish, but nowhere springs to mind.

Will follow imac's suggestion and get him to u-turn at the border junction, and find the place just after ADNOC.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts