Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

If anyone can help me. I have to apply for British Citizenship however as per new guide lines for good Character I am little worried and confused due a mistake. I came here on Tier 2 visa dependent visa back 2010 as my wife was offered a job as Accident & Emergency Doctor in NHS. Due wrong advice given by our friends we applied for Child Benefit allowance for our son and it was approved however we were not allowed to claim public funds as per our visa conditions. Same year we understand the system and inform HMRC we are not entitled for this allowance. They stopped the payment and we deposited back the received money to HMRC. Later at the time of extension of our Tier 2 Visa we told this issue clearly in our visa extension form and twice we were granted extensions and later granted ILR as well on the same day service Home Office never made any enquiry or made this an issue.

Now due for Citizenship application again a discretionary decision by Home Office to approve will this mistake be ignored or they may an issue as a breach of Visa Conditions.

Best Regards

InstaOne

·
Registered
39,103 Posts
You are almost certainly in the clear. Just disclose the mistake and actions you took to remedy it.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.