Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Could anyone suggest me any good and a genuine consultancy in India ( hyderabad ) or any other city from where I can look for the the proper University /college to apply for a education in Canada

Thanks in advance

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
Why spend money on a consultant when you can look yourself for free.

What sort of program are you interested in? We can give you suggestions of good schools to look into.

Once you have the name(s) of schools/programs to look at, you simply look at the school's website to see what the International Student admissions policy is and follow that.

Your "Condultant" cannot get your transcripts for you, he/she cannot sit the requisite English exam(s) or apply for a Study Permit on your behalf nor can they guarantee you admission into any university in Canada.

Any "Consultant" who can guarantee you all of that is lying to you and is only interested in parting you from your hard earned ₹₹₹₹₹₹₹₹₹₹.

Your admission to university is based upon your academic merit and nothing else.
Your Study Permit is based upon your admission to a Canadian university and your ability to self fund your studies and all aspects of life for the duration of your stay in Canada (food, housing, health insurance, transportation, internet, mobile phone etc) life in Canada isn't cheap and you will not be able to access public funds (welfare etc) or qualify for Canadian student loans

·
Registered
21 Posts
Thank you Bro,
I have aware of consultancy, how they target the candidate. My academic is not in proper and have some issue with and it made me to reach consultancy. I could not post it here, could it possible to query you in watsapp. I'm looking for software coarse. I have finished my MCA 2010 Pass out, and since from then I'm working. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I'm looking for a course which is related to information technology and with a semester fees cost should be in my budget. I have work experience as a software engineer in one of the MNC.

Thank you

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you,
I'll keep my details private, so could you please let me know the details of the college and course for what I'm looking for?

·
Super Moderator
5,184 Posts
1) I am not a "Bro" - I am a lady, as my username indicates.

2) I am not an education consultant or expert and I do not do Whatsapp with random people from the internet.

3) If your grades aren't very good, it's not likely that you'd get a spot on a course in Canada (I am assuming you are looking for a university degree program, yes?) as you would be competing with all of the interested Canadian students applying to the program as well as any other International Students who might also apply.

It's not enough to apply to a university in Canada, one must be accepted to a program of study. There are prerequisites to be met for admission to the university (English or French language ability [depending on the province/university] - this is applicable to all applicants) and once the prerequisites are met, the applicants with the highest grades get priority consideration for admission over those with lower grades.

There are IT type courses out there that you could probably get into but they're more short term and for professional development than anything that might have the potential to lead to Permanent Residence. Even at that, having executed a Student Visa does not automatically entitle you to stay in Canada - you have to apply and be approved for an appropriate Settlement type visa.

4) It's very expensive for Canadian students to go to school in Canada. For International Students, it's even more so... you should expect to pay two to three times more in tuition fees as an International Student than a Canadian student. You do not qualify for Canadian Student loans and your ability to work in Canada on a Student Visa won't earn you enough money to live on and go to school - you will have a maximum number of hours per week you'll be allowed to work, on campus jobs will be hard to come by (more applicants than jobs) and potential employers have the right to refuse to hire you just because you're on a Student Visa.

Have a look at this discussion in regards to applying for a Study Permit. There are links about seeing if you are eligible to apply for a Study Permit and the ways in which you can apply to stay in Canada after you finish your studies.

Reactions: colchar

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
Thank you Bro,
I have aware of consultancy, how they target the candidate. My academic is not in proper and have some issue with and it made me to reach consultancy. I could not post it here, could it possible to query you in watsapp. I'm looking for software coarse. I have finished my MCA 2010 Pass out, and since from then I'm working. Your help will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance

What is MCA 2010?

If your "academic is not proper" and you "have some issues with it" what makes you think you would gain admission to a Canadian university?

And if you did, do you have the money to support yourself for the entire duration of the program?

·
Registered
2,882 Posts
I'm looking for a course which is related to information technology and with a semester fees cost should be in my budget. I have work experience as a software engineer in one of the MNC.

Thank you

What is your budget? International students pay far higher fees than Canadian students do. And you also have to prove to the government that you have the money to support yourself for the entire duration of your studies, in addition to the costs of education. So if you enter a four year program, you have to prove to them that you have the money to support yourself for four years while also paying all the costs of school for those four years.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
1) I am not a "Bro" - I am a lady, as my username indicates.

2) I am not an education consultant or expert and I do not do Whatsapp with random people from the internet.

3) If your grades aren't very good, it's not likely that you'd get a spot on a course in Canada (I am assuming you are looking for a university degree program, yes?) as you would be competing with all of the interested Canadian students applying to the program as well as any other International Students who might also apply.

It's not enough to apply to a university in Canada, one must be accepted to a program of study. There are prerequisites to be met for admission to the university (English or French language ability [depending on the province/university] - this is applicable to all applicants) and once the prerequisites are met, the applicants with the highest grades get priority consideration for admission over those with lower grades.

There are IT type courses out there that you could probably get into but they're more short term and for professional development than anything that might have the potential to lead to Permanent Residence. Even at that, having executed a Student Visa does not automatically entitle you to stay in Canada - you have to apply and be approved for an appropriate Settlement type visa.

4) It's very expensive for Canadian students to go to school in Canada. For International Students, it's even more so... you should expect to pay two to three times more in tuition fees as an International Student than a Canadian student. You do not qualify for Canadian Student loans and your ability to work in Canada on a Student Visa won't earn you enough money to live on and go to school - you will have a maximum number of hours per week you'll be allowed to work, on campus jobs will be hard to come by (more applicants than jobs) and potential employers have the right to refuse to hire you just because you're on a Student Visa.

Have a look at this discussion in regards to applying for a Study Permit. There are links about seeing if you are eligible to apply for a Study Permit and the ways in which you can apply to stay in Canada after you finish your studies.

Thank you for sharing all the good and valuable information which may help me in getting targeted by the consultancy and instead of discuss it with the consultancy Ill do research from my side and proceed further.

I appreciate you.

Thanks!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.