Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I am looking at renting studio from either of these buildings in JLT but I am warned about potential high AC fees in JLT area.

I also learnt from online news that some buildings in JLT did not have individual meters to measure AC consumption per unit. As a result, the received central bill is equally divided among all the tenants in the building, which lead to unfair billing. The news is dated in year 2013. (Let me know if you want the link to the news via PM, not sure about rules on pasting URLs here.)

Can I ask if anyone know for these 2 buildings (Goldcrest Views 2 and Golddcrest Executives) now have individual meters to measure each unit's AC consumption?

Any guidance or sharing on identical AC bills will be good too, as I am working out my budget for my monthly fix expenses. Appreciate comments on these 2 buildings as well.

Thanks!

·
Registered
113 Posts
I live in Goldcrest Views 2/. The AC is a real pain in my life.... basically there is a charge for personal usage, together with a quarterly fixed charge regardless of whether you use the ac or not, so im guessing its a partial split cost. This does vary between towers as ive hear different rules from colleagues out here...

It all comes down to how often you have the AC on, it seems tere is a 450AED every 3 months for a 1bed apt regardless of usage, then usage on top, which tbh in my case I 50AED a monthduring the cool months and no more than 100AED a month in the really hot times...., so max 500AED a month is my extreme bill

GC2 is a very nice and well maintained tower if you didn't need to know that already!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts