Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, can anyone help me. i am uk national, living outside uk with my wife who is not uk national and 3 kids(uk national)
now we all want to move back to uk. since i m not in uk . so i dont hav3 any job/salary in uk.
so we are going for saving route.
i have few questions.

can i apply for my wife while we both are not in uk? but living in other country? or i need to be in uk first?

can 62500 equivalent saving be in bank outside uk? i mean my saving is in country where we are living together, not in uk..

is it safe solely applying on base of savings but no job arrangement for me?

after 2.5 years when we apply for my wife flr , do we still need to have 62500 as saving ? or we can show that we are earning more than 18600 per anum and it will fulfill the requirement?
if any one can answer all 4 questions i will be great full.

·
Registered
39,065 Posts
Yes you can all be abroad when she applies but the understanding is you will all be moving to UK together.
It's entirely safe to apply through savings alone.
Money can be in an account or accounts outside UK, but if it's not in sterling, it will be converted using Oanda rate ruling on the date of application. With the sterling being generally strong against most other currencies, a sudden adverse movement can put your savings below the threshold. So you need to build in a cushion of 10-20%, or if you have time, change into sterling and wait 6 months.
You are free to choose any category or allowed combination of categories when you come to renew your visa. As you both will be able to work and pool your incomes together, that may be a better option.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.