Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I am a resident in Italy with an expired permit of stay. I have applied for renewal and currently have the receipt for renewal. The D type multiple entry visa with which I entered italy as a student and acquired the permit of stay is also expired. In this situation, as far as I checked I am allowed to leave and enter Italy. But there is no information regarding whether I can visit other Schengen countries with this receipt. I have looked through several threads here but none is exactly the same as my situation (I can not post them as I am a new user)

So does anyone have information regarding this issue? I will also go ask the immigration office but I want to be as much informed about this matter as possible to make communication easier.

· Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I went to the immigration office today and it seems unfortunately the laws are a bit tight here. With that receipt I can only go to my country and not travel around Europe. I can also transit over European countries for going to somewhere that my passport allows but not stay in Europe. So tough luck :/

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.