1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm starting a RTW trip soon, and I want to do as follows:

Fly into London for about 2 weeks

Leave, and go to the Republic of Ireland for 3 months

Leave, and go to Northern Ireland for a bit before heading off to the rest of Europe.

1) Are there any problems I would face with visas?
2) Can I use the UK visa I'd get in my passport when going to Northern Ireland?

·
Registered
3 Posts
I'm starting a RTW trip soon, and I want to do as follows:

Fly into London for about 2 weeks

Leave, and go to the Republic of Ireland for 3 months

Leave, and go to Northern Ireland for a bit before heading off to the rest of Europe.

1) Are there any problems I would face with visas?
2) Can I use the UK visa I'd get in my passport when going to Northern Ireland?
You can visit northern ireland no problem. Dont know about europe. Have you got a shengen visa or just a uk one

·
Registered
39,082 Posts
UK and Republic of Ireland are in common travel area. When you arrive in London, you will get leave to enter for 6 months (a stamp in your passport). That leave will allow you to enter Ireland as well and there is no full passport check, though you go through passport control when you arrive in Ireland. They will look at your UK stamp in your passport and should allow you through. There are no checks between the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland no matter how you travel, by rail or road.

·
Super Moderator
5,181 Posts
You can visit northern ireland no problem. Dont know about europe. Have you got a shengen visa or just a uk one
Provided OP doesn't spend more than 90 days in a 6 month period, she (I'm assuming OP's a 'she,' with a name like Joy) doesn't require a Schengen Visa.

Also, American citizens don't routinely require a visa to enter the UK as a tourist either, provided they spend no more than 180 days in the UK in any 12 month period.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.