Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am going for medical examination for my PR visa in Pakistan.
The eMedical form I received mentioned Medical Examination, Chest X-ray, and HIV test

Could anyone tell me what to expect in the medical examination?
Since I am a smoker, is there a cause for concern?

Many thanks.

·
Registered
13 Posts
1. A brief physical check by a doctor: Looks at eyes, ears, takes blood pressure, checks a few other things. I needed to remove all of my clothes (except my underwear).

2. Blood test and provide a urine sample. They only take a small vile of your blood. Quick and painless

3. Chest X-ray is to confirm you don't have bronchitis (or other viral infections). I do not think being a smoker will pose an issue for you.

In my case, 1,2 and 3 were at separate locations and I was charged separately for each as well (1-$300, 2-$25, 3-$75). I am sure costs vary greatly depending on what country you are doing it in (I am in Canada). Our free healthcare does not cover medical examinations for the purpose of leaving...

·
Registered
206 Posts
its a very simple and straight forward process. The doctor would first ask you about any previous medical history, surgeries etc...
Measure height and weight
Eye sight check, do carry your spectacles if you use
Physical examination as in heart rate, pulse, check for scars on your body ...hardly 5 mins
X ray
Urine test
Blood tset
I do not think smoking is a cause of concern.

·
Registered
206 Posts
For a 3 month pregnant women are there any issues

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
I do not think they allow X-ray for pregnant women.

·
Registered
577 Posts
In that case can the primary applicant(husband) go for lodging​ visa by removing the spouse name(not claiming any points from spouse) in application.

Removing them from the application means they wont be granted a visa and cannot migrate along with you. They will have to apply for their own visa later

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
169 Posts
Removing them from the application means they wont be granted a visa and cannot migrate along with you. They will have to apply for their own visa later

Yes I know that they won't be granted visa if they are removed from application.
Can the spouse name be removed after receiving inviation?

·
Registered
577 Posts
Yes I know that they won't be granted visa if they are removed from application.
Can the spouse name be removed after receiving inviation?

Yes it can be done. Mention them as non-migrating family member.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.