Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone!

I am currently on a 457 work sponsorship OSA and I have to eave it as my OSS is not paying the minimum requirement wage- was not aware of this Neil this week... I have found a few things out the hard way.

Anyway, I have a few questions :)

I know the defacto visa cost is approx 3500, and then in 2 years you are able to apply for residency? I have already been in oz n 3 different visa in the last 3 years.

Am I able to apply for residency now?

How much does residency cost after the 2 years of defacto?

Is it easy to come off work visa onto defacto- what I mean is, when you apply for defacto- you arenn bridging visa and 457 visa ceases?

Thanks for any advice!

Amy

G

·
So your partner is an Australian Citizen or PR and you are applying for the Spouse Visa?

If so its fairly easy, if you qualify you apply for both at the same time, no extra fee for the PR visa. They assess you and give you the temp or PR depending on which you qualify for. If temp they call you in 2 years asking for more documents to prove the relationship is ongoing and you then get PR.

If you qualify for another PR visa you can apply for that. You can not simply apply for PR because you have lived in the country for 3 years on a 457.

When you apply for the spouse visa you will still be subject to your 457 until it runs out. You will then get a bridging visa that carries the same conditions as the 457. Although you can apply for the conditions to be lifted.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hiya! Yes he is Australian, been together and living together about two and a half years.

So, if I apply for defacto, then in 2 years, if still together then I get PR? Do you have to pay anymore in two years?

Nightmare! Want to get off 457 ASAP as boss won't increase my wages- he's been paying me 7000 less, and I stupidly didn't do my research about minimum wage.

Thanks for replying!

Xxx

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.