Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I have looked around to get info on what will be required of us for bringing our cats back to the US (from France).
They are US born cat, looks like there is no real regulation on bringing them in . I could not find state specific stuff for Illinois.
I plan on having their rabbies vaccines redone this week so it is more than a month old, less than a year old.
They have tags (actually 2 each).
I am hoping to find an international vet certificat in english/french.
I already know we will be flying lufthansa (only airline option for in cabin flight)

But I wonder what the actual process of arriving at the airport will be like.
Will we need more paperwork? Will a US vet put us aside and look at the kitties?
We got all scared of the amount of steps there was to do on the way to France only to realize no one cared or looked at anything//
Wondering how it is on the way to the US.

So far I have looked at this:
Douanes | Ambassade des Etats-Unis d'Amérique Paris, France
http://www.cbp.gov/linkhandler/cgov/newsroom/publications/travel/pets_wild.ctt/pets.pdf
the usda website stuff is down it looks like

thx!

·
Registered
44 Posts
If you have all the relevant paperwork for the cats then it should be a case of turn up, show it to the immigration guy and move along.

I brought my dogs over from Europe but they were in the cargo hold. They were waiting for me once I passed through immigration so I did nothing.

·
Registered
331 Posts
If you have all the relevant paperwork for the cats then it should be a case of turn up, show it to the immigration guy and move along.

I brought my dogs over from Europe but they were in the cargo hold. They were waiting for me once I passed through immigration so I did nothing.
As long as the pet's vaccinations are upto date and you have approoriate dcumentation to such you won't have an issue.My cat has flown with me between US and Asia without issues. They just look at vet documents and eyeball pet for any signs of illness.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Yes, you can easily bring your cats to US, if they are US borns and are properly vaccinated. I did the same with my dog. Nothing to worry about.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts