Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Glossary

956 views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  95995 
#1 ·
Is there a glossary in this forum for all the different abbreviations used, such as (some might be wrong - trying to remember off the top of my head): CPAM, CERFA, CMU, PAC's ... ect ...

Yes, I know I could probably Google them, but I was wondering if there was a central index here to refer too ... :confused:

#2 ·
The short answer is "no."

Probably every country represented here in the ExpatForum has its own set of indecipherable acronyms and keeping such a glossary up to date would be a full time job. Then, too, they change. Pole Emploi used to be ANPE (and some folks still refer to it as that). CPAM is sometimes referred to as URSSAF or even Améli (which is just the online version, I guess).

Don't hesitate, however, to ask if you run into one that is impenetrable.
Cheers,
Bev

#3 ·
I figured, and thanks .... Most of them don't apply to me (I think, based on the posts) but I do read all of the posts - whether or not I need to - because I am a consumer of knowledge and the more I can learn the better off in the long run I will be ....

Again, thanks ....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.