Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
11761 - 11780 of 11836 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Anyone that applied onshore for Digitech can share their recent EOI processing times?

It's been nearly 3 months for me and haven't heard anything.

I can see from this forum that some applications with similar conditions to mine (onshore, employed with salary quite above the threshold, 10+ years experience, presented at conferences, international experience, etc...) have been processed in matter of weeks in the past but that does not seem to be the case for me.

Apologies to those that have been waiting for way longer than that without an answer but this system is quite confusing/frustrating.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all,

Anyone that applied Offshore for Health Sector can share their recent EOI processing times?
It's been 3. 1/2 months for me and haven't heard anything. Can anyone give info on my chances of getting the invitation and what would the timeline be?
My profile:
Application: Offshore
Received PhD in 2021 from the University of Queensland
Sector: Health
Publications: 11
Conference abstracts:10
Position: Principal Scientist (Biotech MNC)
Biotech experience: 2 years
Overall experience: Biotech (2 yrs), Academics (3.5 yrs) = 5.5 yrs
Salary < FWHIT

Thanks in advance

·
Registered
24 Posts
Hi All,
My partner and I are in the final stages of our GTI visa application.
So far we got S56 for a health check and for a Notary Certificate of No Criminal Convictions. We are about to get a no criminal convictions certificate at the local PSB in South China but a bit confused if we need to additionally notarise it? We are using an agent to obtain this certificate for us.
Please, if anyone was requested this kind of certificate in China, which steps you took?
Thank you all for your help!

·
Registered
60 Posts
Hi I heard some applicants are entitled to "priority processing" for their EOIs. If I got the "priority processing", how long should it take to be invited? 1 month? Thanks
In general, priority cases will hear back within a month. (If it’s been more than 2 months and nothing has changed in your case, it’s not likely your case will be prioritized but it’s not impossible).

In my case, I received a RFI (request for information) in a week of submitting my EOI. I took the full 2 weeks allotted to respond and I received an invitation 2-3 days later. So 3 weeks in total.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I submitted my EOI on Dec 31,2021 and then connected with GTI officer to expedite the processing around March 7, 2022 and got invitation around March 14,2022.
So my timeline was long but expedited process took only a week.
Could you please give me the email of the GTI Officer you were in contact with? Thank you.
I am waiting for my application, it's been 2 months and the status still show "further assessment"

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi all,
I got my 858 visa several days ago. Energy sector.
My profile:
I got my PhD a year ago and have more than 10 papers published. I am also invited as the guest editor of one Journal. Attended some famous conferences and published some conference papers. I also have some patents.
EOI Submitted: 2020.12.14;
Invitation code: 2022.3.15;
Visa submitted: 2022.4.28;
Health examination: 2022.4.30;
Visa granted: 2022.5.10
I waited for a year and three months and was finally granted a visa.
I also have a question here. Is there anyone who was cancelled their visa by the Australian government because of the first entry rules? Is there a clear requirement that you must come to Australia within one year to activate your visa? The visa shows the date of my first entry, but due to COVID-19 and some of my business, it is difficult for me to enter Australia within a year.

Regards,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi all,
My profile:
I got my PhD a year ago and have more than 10 papers published. I am also invited as the guest editor of one Journal. Attended some famous conferences and published some conference papers. I also have some patents.
I also have a question here. Is there anyone who was cancelled their visa by the Australian government because of the first entry rules? Is there a clear requirement that you must come to Australia within one year to activate your visa? The visa shows the date of my first entry, but due to COVID-19 and some of my business, it is difficult for me to enter Australia within a year.

Regards,
So pleasant to read that there is someone with Energy sector except for me! My sincerely congratulations!!

Concerning one year visa activation, It seems that this question was discussed here some pages before. Read the thread for April-May.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi all,
My profile:

Regards,
Congratulations on the visa grant and all the best for next steps.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Questions if I may request any of you to throw light on "ACS nomination for Global Talent Program applications":
a) Is there any previous thread where there are details about how much time it takes by ACS team to provide a suitability assessment outcome for the GTI program? (which we can later use for obtaining Form 1000 nomination by ACS)
b) I have seen a few posts which state that it takes around 24 weeks as a regular response (however, ACS team may get back within 8-10 weeks). Is it the same processing time now?
c) Is there a difference in the timeline of receiving such outcomes before/after receiving UID from DHA. e.g. let's say "we apply for EoI and then apply for ACS nomination for GTI, while we are waiting to hear from DHA on (invitation to apply)" versus "we have received the UID / invitation to apply from DHA and then apply for ACS nomination"?

If these are already answered, kindly point me to those threads.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Questions if I may request any of you to throw light on "ACS nomination for Global Talent Program applications":
a) Is there any previous thread where there are details about how much time it takes by ACS team to provide a suitability assessment outcome for the GTI program? (which we can later use for obtaining Form 1000 nomination by ACS)
b) I have seen a few posts which state that it takes around 24 weeks as a regular response (however, ACS team may get back within 8-10 weeks). Is it the same processing time now?
c) Is there a difference in the timeline of receiving such outcomes before/after receiving UID from DHA. e.g. let's say "we apply for EoI and then apply for ACS nomination for GTI, while we are waiting to hear from DHA on (invitation to apply)" versus "we have received the UID / invitation to apply from DHA and then apply for ACS nomination"?

If these are already answered, kindly point me to those threads.
Since last year, you can't not apply for EOI without nomination. So, firstly, nomination, then EOI.

11761 - 11780 of 11836 Posts