Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
11741 - 11760 of 11836 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
i strongly believe that your continuing professional experience shall be in the same sector under which you initially apply EOI and this sector needs to be within listed target sectors.
If you are suggesting that you applied EOI in Energy sector and recently moved to some other sector but energy; that might create discontinuity in your professional experience in the Energy sector ( given that if you report it during EOI processing). Another challenge I see here is even if you don’t report it now and get invitation; you will be in the same position again to decide about report or not to report.
I would try and see if somehow I can can keep the continuity and link between both the jobs and sectors to showcase consistency and no significant change.
Here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis.../global-talent-independent-program/contact-us

you might find the email of GTI representative of your region . sending email with subject including your passport number shall help.
Thank you for the clarity. I am working in the same sector. But now I changed my job and payscale. I want to update this information to my candidature. I am in confusion whether to update or not!

·
Registered
29 Posts
Dear All,
Good day,

Quick question please,

I have submitted my EOI since 14th October 2021 and till now I did not receive anything...

Noting that, my CV is as follows ...
1. PhD in Data Science (Onshore_By a scholarship).
2. Totally, I have 11 papers, 5 Journals (Q1-Q2), 4 Conferences and 2 journals under preparation (All First Author).
3. Citations are 72.
4. Nominator: University Lecturer.
5. Reviewer for several journals (Q1 and Q2).
6. In addition, I am a full-time Lecturer and my salary is below the threshold.

Please, any idea what should I do? can I contact them and ask about my EOI status? time is running.

Regards,

·
Registered
17 Posts
Dear All,
Good day,

Quick question please,

I have submitted my EOI since 14th October 2021 and till now I did not receive anything...

Noting that, my CV is as follows ...
1. PhD in Data Science (Onshore_By a scholarship).
2. Totally, I have 11 papers, 5 Journals (Q1-Q2), 4 Conferences and 2 journals under preparation (All First Author).
3. Citations are 72.
4. Nominator: University Lecturer.
5. Reviewer for several journals (Q1 and Q2).
6. In addition, I am a full-time Lecturer and my salary is below the threshold.

Please, any idea what should I do? can I contact them and ask about my EOI status? time is running.

Regards,
They are processing Feb 2021 case now , so you should wait now …. I am submit In apr 2021 ,still waiting now ….

·
Registered
5 Posts
Dear All,

Finally, I got my 858 Visa Today.
I have a question here. I have some business in China and cannot leave for the time being. I would like to know whether I need to live in Australia for two years in the next five years.
Someone told me that the 858 visa don't need to stay in Australia for two years in next five years. Is that right?

Regards,

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi All,

Finally after waiting for more than 2 months, I have received the Police Clearance Certificate from Japan (as I lived and worked in Japan). Bit the certificate is sealed in an envelope and addressed to "The Concerned Authorities of Australia". It is also specified on the envelope that only addressee authority should open it. The embassy staff told me that if I open it, it will be invalid.

As you all know that i need to upload in the Immiaccount, this need to be opened and scanned for upload.

Has anybody come across such situation?
How did you handled it?
Any advice from the Veterans?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Dear All,

I have a question here. I have some business in China and cannot leave for the time being. I would like to know whether I need to live in Australia for two years in the next five years.
Someone told me that the 858 visa don't need to stay in Australia for two years in next five years. Is that right?

Regards,
Congrats! To retain your PR status, you will have to leave in Australia at least 2 years in the next 5 years when your PR visa is activated. I don't think there is an exception for 858 visa not following this rule.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Dear All,

Regards,
Congrats! To retain your PR status, you will have to leave in Australia at least 2 years in the next 5 years when your PR visa is activated. I don't think there is an exception for 858 visa not following this rule.
not exact.
May I know the first entry rules still apply for the GTI visa?
1. Becoz of the convid19, you don't have to enter in 1 year.
2. if you enter just before the last day of 5 year, it's also ok.
3. if you live in Australia you don't need to apply a new visa for it is permernent.
4. Once you leave Australia(travel or living) and plan to return you need a new 155 (residence return visa)
the 2 years rule works here. if you lived for over 2years in last 5years, you can get a 5years visa easily.
except that even you have 1 day living you still have chance to obtain a 3month valid 155 visa(but long waiting time and complex document and explainations)
so @zhangwei you have over 5 years to deal with your business. and add my vx messaged you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
not exact.

1. Becoz of the convid19, you don't have to enter in 1 year.
2. if you enter just before the last day of 5 year, it's also ok.
3. if you live in Australia you don't need to apply a new visa for it is permernent.
4. Once you leave Australia(travel or living) and plan to return you need a new 155 (residence return visa)
the 2 years rule works here. if you lived for over 2years in last 5years, you can get a 5years visa easily.
except that even you have 1 day living you still have chance to obtain a 3month valid 155 visa(but long waiting time and complex document and explainations)
so @zhangwei you have over 5 years to deal with your business. and add my vx messaged you.
I got the 858 visa yesterday. But the visa clearly states that I need to go to Australia to activate the visa within the next year. If so, can I not enter Australia for the next year?

·
Registered
39 Posts
Hi,

Can anybody reflect on my questions and situation below?

"
Finally after waiting for more than 2 months, I have received the Police Clearance Certificate from Japan (as I lived and worked in Japan). Bit the certificate is sealed in an envelope and addressed to "The Concerned Authorities of Australia". It is also specified on the envelope that only addressee authority should open it. The embassy staff told me that if I open it, it will be invalid.

As you all know that i need to upload in the Immiaccount, this need to be opened and scanned for upload.

How did you handled it?
Any advice from the Veterans? "

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi all,

I got the invitation in March and I applied on March 9. I got s56 and I also responded to the request on March 17. After I confirmed the additional document, until now, the status is still "Further Assessment", May 11 - nearly 2 months.

Is there anyone that has gone through such a long wait like this? Thanks.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Hi,

"

How did you handled it?
you can search posts "japan pcc envelope" for reference.
Seems you should open / scan / upload, better after contacting CO VO to ensure.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hi,

"

How did you handled it?
I will go ahead and open it , scan and submit online. Since Australia immigration doesn’t want an official sealed envelope; it doesn’t matter how your country suggests to use the document.

11741 - 11760 of 11836 Posts