Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
11721 - 11740 of 11839 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
I visited your link .attention to these sentences:
The Department of Home Affairs is responsible for Australian business visas. If you are not an Australian citizen or permanent resident, you'll need a visa to work in Australia- external site.

PR has nearly all the rights of working,stduy, living, including business. only except some polictics or milimtary rights.
That seems reasonable… thank you for clarifying.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Got the visa today.
EOI: 20-Dec-20
Various updates to the profile
RFI: 08-Feb-22
Invitation: 23-Feb-22
Application:16-Mar-22
s56: 22-Mar-22
Medicals: 30-Apr-22
s56: 03-May-22
Visa Grant: 04-May-22
Congrats, wanted to clarify one thing- may i ask where u did various updates, is it directly the EOI form? can we update after submission or u just sent an email?

·
Registered
508 Posts
Regarding the tax returns, is that a hard requirement that I should show my tax returns?
while it's not a "hard" requirement, there have been too many contractors even on this thread alone trying to claim annualised earnings above FWHIT when the actual earnings are below it. So a contractor should absolutely be prepared for an RFI when making bold claims.

Isn't the contract offer is good enough for ACS.
1) depends on the contracted entity's name & reputation
2) what's "good enough" for ACS doesn't necessarily translate into "good enough" for GTO and ultimately DHA

Although I get paid high rates, I show only $150k in my tax returns. but I can change that to $160k this year to fit for the purpose. Do you think will that suffice?
I think trying to game the system will not end well

Also bachelors degree is not considered is it?
it is, but naturally the bar to prove one's international prominence is higher

·
Registered
13 Posts
while it's not a "hard" requirement, there have been too many contractors even on this thread alone trying to claim annualised earnings above FWHIT when the actual earnings are below it. So a contractor should absolutely be prepared for an RFI when making bold claims.

1) depends on the contracted entity's name & reputation
2) what's "good enough" for ACS doesn't necessarily translate into "good enough" for GTO and ultimately DHA

I think trying to game the system will not end well

it is, but naturally the bar to prove one's international prominence is higher
Thank you so much for the reply. I think with related to contracting terms I'm good enough to show my contracting rates are above the bar! getting $1000/day will definately fit the salary requirements

·
Registered
5 Posts
I lodged my EOI in March 2021 under energy sector and waiting for the outcome (offshore). I recently changed my job and which is quite relevant to the target sectors now. Do I need to update the same to the Home affairs? If so how to contact them and any format? Also, I do not have any acknowledgement number. Please guide me

·
Registered
508 Posts
Where can we know how many places available this financial year ? Since next new financial years ,the places for GTI is sharply reduced ,nearly 50% reduce
seriously mate :rolleyes:

I lodged my EOI in March 2021 under energy sector and waiting for the outcome (offshore). I recently changed my job and which is quite relevant to the target sectors now. Do I need to update the same to the Home affairs? If so how to contact them and any format? Also, I do not have any acknowledgement number. Please guide me
read this whole thread mate

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello,

whole thread seems bit sleepy compared to previous months. By any chance anybody from Cyber Security who managed to get ACS nomination or GTI visa and would share with me the profile? Just out of curiosity :] Waiting for my ACS...

Thank you

·
Registered
42 Posts
i strongly believe that your continuing professional experience shall be in the same sector under which you initially apply EOI and this sector needs to be within listed target sectors.
If you are suggesting that you applied EOI in Energy sector and recently moved to some other sector but energy; that might create discontinuity in your professional experience in the Energy sector ( given that if you report it during EOI processing). Another challenge I see here is even if you don’t report it now and get invitation; you will be in the same position again to decide about report or not to report.
I would try and see if somehow I can can keep the continuity and link between both the jobs and sectors to showcase consistency and no significant change.
Here https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis.../global-talent-independent-program/contact-us

you might find the email of GTI representative of your region . sending email with subject including your passport number shall help.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I think your eoi should have result soon ,since they are processing in Feb 2021 now ,you submit in march 2021 ,should be ver soon to get the result

·
Registered
162 Posts
Hi All, Full stack web dev here. I am satisfying all criteria laid by global talent visa except one pain point, i.e having someone of similar field , an australian resident or citizen to vouch for. How to find someone satisfying this?

·
Registered
25,762 Posts
Hi All, Full stack web dev here. I am satisfying all criteria laid by global talent visa except one pain point, i.e having someone of similar field , an australian resident or citizen to vouch for. How to find someone satisfying this?
Try through LinkedIn
Cheers

·
Registered
42 Posts
I am happy to announce I have received an invitation! EOI submitted 30 March 2022 (Digitech).

I have a question regarding passport; can I change passport number during visa application or after visa is granted? Is there any additional cost for the change?

Is there any way to avoid visa application surcharges?
My passport was renewed around the time when I received my Invitation. So in EOI I had old passport details and in visa application I put New passport as well as old passport details.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there,

I submitted my EOI recently with below profile

Sector: Agri-food and Agri Tech
Education: PhD graduated in 2021
Awards: PhD scholarship and two previous fellowships
Publications: 12 (9 in mother language and 3 in English which are available online); Plus 2 publications on the way.
References: 6 (from previous/current employments, industry partners that I had been working with, supervisors)
Experience: Before PhD (working for government organisation but mainly work for research projects which were supported from international organisations); during PhD (research assistant for research project in the same university)
Current employment: Postdoctoral Research Fellow for Australian University with salary under FWHIT
Nominator: Australian citizen
Conference: Attended some before PhD, not recently

What do you think? What could be the weak points?

·
Registered
14 Posts
VISA GRANTED

Sector: Health Industries
EOI ⮕ Invitation: 87 days (62 working days)
Application ⮕ S56: 4 days (2 working days)
Further information provided ⮕ visa grant: 20 days (13 working days)

S56 asked for health checks, secondary applicant's proof of English, and non-migrating applicant's police check and form 80.

·
Registered
13 Posts
VISA GRANTED

Sector: Health Industries
EOI ⮕ Invitation: 87 days (62 working days)
Application ⮕ S56: 4 days (2 working days)
Further information provided ⮕ visa grant: 20 days (13 working days)

S56 asked for health checks, secondary applicant's proof of English, and non-migrating applicant's police check and form 80.
Any chance you will consider sharing your profile?

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi there,

I submitted my EOI recently with below profile

Sector: Agri-food and Agri Tech
Education: PhD graduated in 2021
Awards: PhD scholarship and two previous fellowships
Publications: 12 (9 in mother language and 3 in English which are available online); Plus 2 publications on the way.
References: 6 (from previous/current employments, industry partners that I had been working with, supervisors)
Experience: Before PhD (working for government organisation but mainly work for research projects which were supported from international organisations); during PhD (research assistant for research project in the same university)
Current employment: Postdoctoral Research Fellow for Australian University with salary under FWHIT
Nominator: Australian citizen
Conference: Attended some before PhD, not recently

What do you think? What could be the weak points?
I think your profile is quite good ,very likely got invitation if you can well present your background, good luck

11721 - 11740 of 11839 Posts