Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
11181 - 11200 of 11219 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
My wife is very poor in English and not much confident to get a functional English score. In this case, is there any option to lodge a GTI Visa application without my wife's English score?

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
My wife is very poor in English and not much confident to get a functional English score. In this case, is there any option to lodge a GTI Visa application without my wife's English score?
You can pay about Aud 5,000 towards vac2 charges
That will exempt your wife from meeting functional English requirements
Cheers

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi everyone,

GT visa 858 for Australia granted!
This forum and the actual thread have been a great place to find support for my application - thank you all and particularly active users. Amongst others, one contribution has been particularly helpful - general guidance, accurate details and overall positivity - so I mention it here Global Talent - independent Program (subclass 124 &amp...

There are also some other helpful external forum and groups such as this one Log into Facebook. It made my journey easier.

----
In addition, at one point in the process (EOI to UID), I made contact with an officer - a key point https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis.../global-talent-independent-program/contact-us

A second key point, looking back at the full process, was to have a bank that have the ability to transfer money without too much questions.

And probably a final point, I named the supporting PDFs according to my own convention: UID_PassportNumber_NameApplicant_mainORspousenameORchildname_typeOfDoc.pdf
with TypeOfDoc being a reference to the category the visa application asks (from "a" to "h"):
a1_form1000, a2_nominatorRep, a3_supportingLetter, b1_invitation, b2_passport, b3_otherID, and so on to reach h1_character.

Not sure if this final point helped though, the online system probably renaming the docs. But if I were an officer, I would find this convention handy for sorting the dozens of docs (I just count them, 44 docs!).

----
A bit on my profile: offshore application, Health sector, salary > request, with a professorship position offered @ Australian Univ (150+ publications).
My guess is that the univ contract + support letter made the granting process faster (within 2 months).

About the timeline:
27 Nov 2021, EOI Submission
10 Dec 2021, contact & informal request from officer for further supporting documents (sent by email)
15 Dec 2021, UID
29 Dec 2021, Applied for GTI
03 Jan 2022, Medicals done
09 Jan 2022, S56 for health clearance and partner's language test
09 Jan 2022, Submitted all documents in response to S56
11 Jan 2022, Visa granted

Et voilà ! Next step, actual relocation... 🙀

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
As your salary is more than the salary requirement, you will get the invitation very soon within the next couple of months. Don't worry.
Salary is a very small component in the entire scheme of things
If salary was the only criteria, half of the applicants waiting for 189/190 would have applied through GTI
Cheers

·
Registered
23 Posts
Hi everyone,

GT visa 858 for Australia granted!
This forum and the actual thread have been a great place to find support for my application - thank you all and particularly active users. Amongst others, one contribution has been particularly helpful - general guidance, accurate details and overall positivity - so I mention it here Global Talent - independent Program (subclass 124 &amp...

There are also some other helpful external forum and groups such as this one Log into Facebook. It made my journey easier.
Wow, that was superfast.. with EOI submission in Nov 2021 !! Did you upload the documents at time of EOI submission or sent the documents separately in email? If yes which email address?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Wow, that was superfast.. with EOI submission in Nov 2021 !! Did you upload the documents at time of EOI submission or sent the documents separately in email? If yes which email address?
Yes super fast - each time I received a request, I tried to answer within hours too. So, fast on both sides I guess.
Well, second thought, not that super fast actually ! Just checked the website:
Rectangle Font Circle Parallel Art

Otherwise, for the docs.
I uploaded the initial documents along with the EOI (passport, CV, diplomas, letter, contract, and F1000). But forgot a doc that the regional officer requested when I first made contact with her by e-mail. This one was send by e-mail in return.

The email list is available at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis.../global-talent-independent-program/contact-us

Font Screenshot Number Parallel Document

·
Registered
6 Posts
You can pay about Aud 5,000 towards vac2 charges
That will exempt your wife from meeting functional English requirements
Cheers
Thanks @NB . Please help me by replying these two points.
1. What is the vac2 charge means?
2. How can I pay the vac2 Charge?

Are you talking about:

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Number

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
Thanks @NB . Please help me by replying these two points.
1. What is the vac2 charge means?
2. How can I pay the vac2 Charge?

Are you talking about:

View attachment 100980
Thats exactly what I was talking about ( The line in red)
You can upload a word letter asking the case officer to create the vac2 payment demand as your wife does not have functional English to save time
Else the case officer will ask you to submit evidence for functional English and then you will reply and then he will create the demand
Cheers

·
Registered
156 Posts
Are they done with Nov 2020? It has been 14 months today since I have applied. I often wonder what happened to my application. Haha.

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
Are they done with Nov 2020? It has been 14 months today since I have applied. I often wonder what happened to my application. Haha.
I presume you are from VIC
If so you still have some more wait
I think only a few tests are being done just for namesake
July August 2020 applicants have got the test invite
Cheers

·
Registered
156 Posts
I presume you are from VIC
If so you still have some more wait
I think only a few tests are being done just for namesake
July August 2020 applicants have got the test invite
Cheers
I was talking about UID. I submitted my EOI in November 2020 from USA. Never heard back. But I know that they had received my application. I also had communicated with the GTO a few times earlier in 2021.

·
Registered
9 Posts
If salary is a very small component, then can you please guide me on what other docs I can support my EOI to get the invite soon?
Thanks.

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
If salary is a very small component, then can you please guide me on what other docs I can support my EOI to get the invite soon?
Thanks.
The critical components is proving how you can be an asset to Australia
Cheers

·
Registered
9 Posts
Yeah, done with my current post-doc research work in the fintech sector, and my work experience and educational experience mapped and submitted 17 docs to prove as a current asset to Australia.

·
Registered
44 Posts
There shoud be many candidates who are always waiting to reply messages.
Maybe , the true reason is: you're really outstanding, so they pick you up immediatlly from the queue

Talents like you are the assets of Australia.

Congrat

Yes super fast - each time I received a request, I tried to answer within hours too. So, fast on both sides I guess.
Well, second thought, not that super fast actually ! Just checked the website:
View attachment 100977

Otherwise, for the docs.
I uploaded the initial documents along with the EOI (passport, CV, diplomas, letter, contract, and F1000). But forgot a doc that the regional officer requested when I first made contact with her by e-mail. This one was send by e-mail in return.

The email list is available at https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis.../global-talent-independent-program/contact-us

View attachment 100976

·
Registered
5 Posts
Global Talent VISA for PhD students

Hi,

First and foremost, Thank you in advance to anyone who can help.

I am a PhD student from one of the Group of Eight (Go8) universities in Australia. I will be submitting my PhD thesis within the next 6 months.

I have read conflicting information in this forum as to whether PhD students who are about to submit the Thesis, are receiving the invitation for Global Talent VISA.

Q1. Can anyone confirm whether, in the recent past, PhD students who are about to submit their Thesis, are considered for GTI Visa invitations, and if anyone who is in similar circumstances has received the invitation?

In one of the replies in the forum (#10734,#10625), it was mentioned that in the auto-reply message that the GTI applications receive in late 2021, it is mentioned that from 15th Aug. 2021, PhD students are no longer eligible for invitation solely on the basis of a PhD thesis being submitted/will be submitted in the next six months (photo attached).

Q2. Can anyone confirm whether this same (or similar) message appears in the auto-reply received by GTI applicants, recently?

Q3. Also, can someone please help to understand what immigration authorities typically mean by "solely based on the basis of a PhD thesis being submitted/will be submitted in the next six months"?
It is to say PhD student with no excellent achievements (i.e., with no top-end Internationally recognized publications/ conferences/ internships/ collaboration) during the PhD program or for any PhD student, irrespective of whether he/she has excellent achievements or not?

Thank you.
Font Screenshot Terrestrial plant Document Number

11181 - 11200 of 11219 Posts