Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
11161 - 11180 of 11219 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hello Everyone,

In my previous post, I stated that I submitted my EOI in November 2021 with just my publications with 117 citations, my Ph.D. offer letters from UNSW, Kent State University USA, Michigan Tech Uni USA, Uni of Guelph Canada (all these are just to show that I would be good assets in the area of GIS and AI). However, I didn't get any nomination which someone here stated that my chance is just 0%. Now, I'm looking at contacting some of my network professors who are in Australia as PR/Citizens. Do you think getting one from them would make sense or I should just wait for the outcome of the EOI?
Yes, the nomination is essential. Get one and send it through to the global talent team email.

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
23 Posts
hi, regarding EOI application. Does anyone know email address of the GTI team where we can enquire if they received the application? I was expecting they send an email with receipt of the EOI application or similar, but seems like it went to a blackhole.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guys I just want to give one last comment/update.

I did not send my nominator copy of passport and they did not asked for it.

Maybe because my nominator was such a known Australian figure they very well knew him.

For myself it was already to much asking him for nomination and I kinda felt lucky and pushed the submit bottom just with updated nomination form and the letters and got lucky at the end.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello I got the golden Email today
I have been in Australia for 8 years and then finally I got my visa. I have been on a work visa for a long time and I travelled to Europe as well for a while and I decided to come back to Australia and finalise my visa here. What I want to say is, it is good to have PR or citizenship but it is not everything. I got many sponsorships offers around the world to work for them and they would care for my visa.

I graduated with my PhD in 2018 and I was working in Australia since 2014 doing both my PhD and work. I couldn't apply for a visa during these 4 years and afterwards, I was absent from the country then I came back during COVID time where I couldn't apply due to covid restriction. I found out about the talent visa very late in 2020 where I applied and gained my visa now.

I am a senior energy and sustainability engineer. I have been working with many globally recognised companies and my salary is well above the threshold. In 2019 I was a part of the lawyer's team where we won a 5M$ grant from the Queensland government. I got a recognition letter from the minister of energy in 2019.

My timeline:

1-Submitted my interest in Oct 2020
2- Invitation received in Sept 2021
3- Logged my application in 10 December 2021. (Late application due to my busy end of year timeline)
4- S56 for medical 13
5-Medical test 21 December
6- Visa Grant 5 Jan
Congrats.

Your profile seems top notch based on the requirements (including salary well above threshold). I heard that after Direction 89 came into effect, for such cases the waiting time for response on EOI is much shorter depending on the sector (less than 10 weeks). But you had to wait 11 months. Was there some RFI etc during this period?

I'm asking because I lodged EOI just recently in Nov 2021 in Fintech sector. I have extensive international experience at a senior position and salary well above the threshold as well. I was expecting a shorter waiting time, but looking at your case, it seems I should be prepared for a long wait.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I have submitted my 858 visa application. I am currently in Australia, my dependents all received bridging visa right after the submission. But only myself didn’t receive it?
Have anybody had this situation before? What should I do? Thanks!

·
Registered
368 Posts
I have submitted my 858 visa application. I am currently in Australia, my dependents all received bridging visa right after the submission. But only myself didn’t receive it?
Have anybody had this situation before? What should I do? Thanks!
In your immi account there is an option to apply for bridging visa. It allows you to select the applicant and state the reason for asking for bridging visa. You can state that you did not receive the BV automatically after your 858 submission and you need to for (your reason)...

·
Registered
19 Posts
In your immi account there is an option to apply for bridging visa. It allows you to select the applicant and state the reason for asking for bridging visa. You can state that you did not receive the BV automatically after your 858 submission and you need to for (your reason)...

Thanks mate! I did applied, still waiting. So this situation happened before?
Also, usually how long would it take to receive the BV application results?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Congrats.

Your profile seems top notch based on the requirements (including salary well above threshold). I heard that after Direction 89 came into effect, for such cases the waiting time for response on EOI is much shorter depending on the sector (less than 10 weeks). But you had to wait 11 months. Was there some RFI etc during this period?

I'm asking because I lodged EOI just recently in Nov 2021 in Fintech sector. I have extensive international experience at a senior position and salary well above the threshold as well. I was expecting a shorter waiting time, but looking at your case, it seems I should be prepared for a long wait.
Not really. It was the same "dead silence as any one else and after 11 month they
Congrats.

Not really. It was the same "dead silence as any one else and after 11 month they give invitation.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Today I got the invitation to GTI.
I submit my application in the third week of Nov 2020 when I was doing my Ph.D. in Data Science (six months before my thesis submission.)
The related information is:
1. after completing my Ph.D., worked in academia
2. Updated all the job-related information through email
3. more than 18 publications
4. more than 7 years of job as Software Engineer
5. Attended conference in USA
6. Onshore applicant
If you need any other information, please feel free to ask me.

My sector is DigiTech, ICT

I have a few questions:
A. May I know, how to process the VISA application?
B. What are the important documents I need to upload. Do any successful candidates have such a list?
C. I do have a medical certificate 6 months old, can I use that?

·
Registered
368 Posts
Today I got the invitation to GTI.
I submit my application in the third week of Nov 2020 when I was doing my Ph.D. in Data Science (six months before my thesis submission.)
The related information is:
1. after completing my Ph.D., worked in academia
2. Updated all the job-related information through email
3. more than 18 publications
4. more than 7 years of job as Software Engineer
5. Attended conference in USA
6. Onshore applicant
If you need any other information, please feel free to ask me.

My sector is DigiTech, ICT

I have a few questions:
A. May I know, how to process the VISA application?
B. What are the important documents I need to upload. Do any successful candidates have such a list?
C. I do have a medical certificate 6 months old, can I use that?
Congratulations!
1.apply through immi account
2. Same documents for the eoi plus other documents such as passports, birth certificate, police check, form 80 if you are from certain countries and other documents. Immi will tell you the documents plus you can use a tool on immi to check the required information.
3. Yes you can. You need the hap id of the old medical test. If the old test is for temporary visa then most likely you will need the HIV test as this test is not done for temp visas.
Good luck

·
Registered
9 Posts
Dear Friends,

I submitted my EOI in Fintech Sector on Feb 2021.
Ph.D. in Finance - 2020
updated all my work-related documents in email
Onshore Applicant.
Form 1000 submitted - Nominator - Associate Dean - popular Australian University
Income above the threshold.
10+ yrs of experience in the IT and Education Sector.
7 article publications And 1 Book published
Doing Post Doc.
Received Grant.
submitted supporting reference letters from my workplace.
Waiting for a long time.
Need your suggestion. Do I need to provide any more supportive documents?
Thanks, heaps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Dear Friends,

I submitted my EOI in Fintech Sector on Feb 2021.
Ph.D. in Finance - 2020
updated all my work-related documents in email
Onshore Applicant.
Form 1000 submitted - Nominator - Associate Dean - popular Australian University
Income above the threshold.
10+ yrs of experience in the IT and Education Sector.
7 article publications And 1 Book published
Doing Post Doc.
Received Grant.
submitted supporting reference letters from my workplace.
Waiting for a long time.
Need your suggestion. Do I need to provide any more supportive documents?
Thanks, heaps.
Looks great profile.
Did you get any email confirmation of submission or Just EOI successful message in the portal?

11161 - 11180 of 11219 Posts