Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
11141 - 11160 of 11219 Posts

·
Registered
368 Posts
My IELTS results are only expired about 1 month ago, and I have been working in Australia for about three years. I don’t have a degree from Australia, NZ, USA or Canada etc.
So anyone knows whether I need to take another IELTS test for the visa application? Thanks!
If test results date is more than 3 years then yes

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
25,051 Posts
My IELTS results are only expired about 1 month ago, and I have been working in Australia for about three years. I don’t have a degree from Australia, NZ, USA or Canada etc.
So anyone knows whether I need to take another IELTS test for the visa application? Thanks!
It depends on what you are going to use the score for
If it’s just to prove functional English, then there are lots of ways to prove it without the IELTS test
Cheers

·
Registered
8 Posts
If test results date is more than 3 years then yes

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

IELTS is not mandatory for GTI visa. See below screen shot from ielts AU website.
Font Rectangle Screenshot Parallel Terrestrial plant

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi, After submitting the EOI, how can I get informed if I'm eligible to apply for visa or not? Will I get an e-mail? Thank you very much in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
  • You will not get an email confirmation. A success message will be displayed on your browser. No any emails.
  • If you talking about black holes, scientists have some know methods to track them. But not for GTIP EOI.
*immiAccount is required while you are lodging visa. In EOI stage immiAccount is not required.
Hi, Can you please let me know how can we get notified if they accepted my EOI or not? Where can I check it on the browser? Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hey guys, I bring a little hope for those who have been waiting for a long time for the invitation. I finally received my invitation to apply for the GTI visa after more than a year of EOI submission!! :D

EOI: 23/10/20
Invitation: 09/11/21 (no RFI)

My profile: I'm a postdoc fellow, onshore, Agtech sector, salary below the threshold.

I hope everything goes smoothly with the visa application after a lot of anxiety waiting for this invitation!

I also hope you all get good news soon!

Thank you for the help on this forum.

Cheers
Congratulations!!!!
May I ask, how did you get notified that your EOI got through? Did you receive an e-mail? Thanks!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Dear All,

I just got a Ph.D. admission to UNSW and I submitted my EOI in November. I don't get any sponsor but I have around 12 journal publications with around 115 citations. Please what is my chance of getting an invitation before commencing my Ph.D?

·
Registered
488 Posts
Dear All,

I just got a Ph.D. admission to UNSW and I submitted my EOI in November. I don't get any sponsor but I have around 12 journal publications with around 115 citations. Please what is my chance of getting an invitation before commencing my Ph.D?
given that the sponsorship form has been an EOI requirement for quite a while now, and certainly before November, it's safe to assume a 0% chance mate.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I would highly recommend you to connect with ACS ; provide them your whole profile and see if they can nominate you.( the ACS process might take 2-3 months).

considering the current processing time of EOI, AU immigration service probably gonna take few months to take decisions on your application, meanwhile
* If your EOI gets RFI; you can submit your ACS nomination that time;
*if EOI gets rejected then submit a new application including ACS nomination;
*if EOI gets approved, celebrate😃

·
Registered
14 Posts
Someone may posted before here.
I have emailed to GTI anyway and we can enter the border before the visa is valid.

Visa Validity Period
If you are not able to make your first entry into Australia before the “For first entry, arrive by” date you can use this Notice when you travel to Australia during the validity period of your visa. Information about your visa validity period is specified in the “Grant Notification” letter, as the “Must not arrive after date”. Generally, visa holders will be permitted to make their first entry into Australia at any time before the “Must not arrive after” date.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a question. I am out of Australia and has submitted my EOI about an year ago under Health industries and I work in the industry but in one of the support function. I meet all other eligibility parameters, including high salary threshold, international recognitional etc etc.

Now, I have an offer difficult to refuse but from a company in different industry which does not fit exactly under any of the target sectors of GTI.

In case that I accept the offer, what will be the impact on outcome of my EOI?

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a question. I am out of Australia and has submitted my EOI about an year ago under Health industries and I work in the industry but in one of the support function. I meet all other eligibility parameters, including high salary threshold, international recognitional etc etc.

Now, I have an offer difficult to refuse but from a company in different industry which does not fit exactly under any of the target sectors of GTI.

In case that I accept the offer, what will be the impact on outcome of my EOI?
your EOI shall be assessed on the basis of the information you have already provided.
Your future information shall not have any affect on EOI processing given that you don’t get any RFI related to current employer.
However, at the time of visa filing ( which is the next stage once EOI gets approved) if they compare your EOI job industry and current job industry; it might cause some issue. I have no information if they do this comparison; but technically it could be part of the final process.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I got my ACS nomination recently. I started the process in September and they asked for more documentation after a month; and finally I got the form 1000 from them in Dec mid. So it was 3.5 months overall due to additional documentation requirements in my case.
Thanks Pallavi, this helps. I also got a mail from them asking for additional documents.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello I got the golden Email today
I have been in Australia for 8 years and then finally I got my visa. I have been on a work visa for a long time and I travelled to Europe as well for a while and I decided to come back to Australia and finalise my visa here. What I want to say is, it is good to have PR or citizenship but it is not everything. I got many sponsorships offers around the world to work for them and they would care for my visa.

I graduated with my PhD in 2018 and I was working in Australia since 2014 doing both my PhD and work. I couldn't apply for a visa during these 4 years and afterwards, I was absent from the country then I came back during COVID time where I couldn't apply due to covid restriction. I found out about the talent visa very late in 2020 where I applied and gained my visa now.

I am a senior energy and sustainability engineer. I have been working with many globally recognised companies and my salary is well above the threshold. In 2019 I was a part of the lawyer's team where we won a 5M$ grant from the Queensland government. I got a recognition letter from the minister of energy in 2019.

My timeline:

1-Submitted my interest in Oct 2020
2- Invitation received in Sept 2021
3- Logged my application in 10 December 2021. (Late application due to my busy end of year timeline)
4- S56 for medical 13
5-Medical test 21 December
6- Visa Grant 5 Jan

·
Registered
20 Posts
Someone may posted before here.
I have emailed to GTI anyway and we can enter the border before the visa is valid.

Visa Validity Period
If you are not able to make your first entry into Australia before the “For first entry, arrive by” date you can use this Notice when you travel to Australia during the validity period of your visa. Information about your visa validity period is specified in the “Grant Notification” letter, as the “Must not arrive after date”. Generally, visa holders will be permitted to make their first entry into Australia at any time before the “Must not arrive after” date.
Many thanks. May I know on which email you send message?
Regards

·
Registered
202 Posts
I have been in Australia for 8 years and then finally I got my visa. I have been on a work visa for a long time and I travelled to Europe as well for a while and I decided to come back to Australia and finalise my visa here. What I want to say is, it is good to have PR or citizenship but it is not everything. I got many sponsorships offers around the world to work for them and they would care for my visa.

I graduated with my PhD in 2018 and I was working in Australia since 2014 doing both my PhD and work. I couldn't apply for a visa during these 4 years and afterwards, I was absent from the country then I came back during COVID time where I couldn't apply due to covid restriction. I found out about the talent visa very late in 2020 where I applied and gained my visa now.

I am a senior energy and sustainability engineer. I have been working with many globally recognised companies and my salary is well above the threshold. In 2019 I was a part of the lawyer's team where we won a 5M$ grant from the Queensland government. I got a recognition letter from the minister of energy in 2019.

My timeline:

3- Logged my application in 10 December 2021. (Late application due to my busy end of year timeline)
4- S56 for medical 13
6- Visa Grant 5 Jan
Congratulations. Welcome to Australia.

·
Registered
1 Posts

My timeline:

4- S56 for medical 13
6- Visa Grant 5 Jan
Congratulations! :D

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello Everyone,

In my previous post, I stated that I submitted my EOI in November 2021 with just my publications with 117 citations, my Ph.D. offer letters from UNSW, Kent State University USA, Michigan Tech Uni USA, Uni of Guelph Canada (all these are just to show that I would be good assets in the area of GIS and AI). However, I didn't get any nomination which someone here stated that my chance is just 0%. Now, I'm looking at contacting some of my network professors who are in Australia as PR/Citizens. Do you think getting one from them would make sense or I should just wait for the outcome of the EOI?

11141 - 11160 of 11219 Posts