Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
10901 - 10920 of 10932 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
mate it's right there in the 1st sentence of the screenshot 🤦‍♂️

you mean is it possible to jump the queue simply on account of an expiring visa (which you knew about at the time of the application anyways)? yea naw 🙄

the only proven way to expedite the process so far has been to demonstrate >FWHIT salary period.
Thanks, Mate. I know that I am on a tight timeline here but as you can understand, I need to go through the process twice.

·
Registered
475 Posts
Thanks, Mate. I know that I am on a tight timeline here but as you can understand, I need to go through the process twice.
you aint the first, nor the last to do so - plenty of examples on the thread to be found (some even with 3 attempts).

just move along with 485 as per normal process, it's not like you can expect to hear back in the next ~9 months anyways (they're still processing Oct'20 cases as you can see from the recent posts).

·
Registered
2 Posts
I submitted EOI on Oct 19 or 20, 2020. DigiTech.
I submitted EOI on Oct 19 or 20, 2020. DigiTech.
Actually, I also have a question. I think in July this year, DHA says that "GTI program is not for mid-level professionals or entry-level academics. Candidates who have skills of benefit to Australia, but are not industry or academic leaders should consider other visa options".
Not sure how this actually affects fresh PhDs who have recently graduated.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Actually, I also have a question. I think in July this year, DHA says that "GTI program is not for mid-level professionals or entry-level academics. Candidates who have skills of benefit to Australia, but are not industry or academic leaders should consider other visa options".
Not sure how this actually affects fresh PhDs who have recently graduated.
I am currently Ph.D. student. Based on the DHA scope file, they are still considering Ph.D. students. Let's see whether they really still consider it or not. I will let you know how they respond to my RFI.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello, I just started following this thread. Sorry if this is asked quite a few times, but are they still considering students at the final phase of Ph.D.? Two of my colleagues got this in Advanced manufacturing last year, while one of them was in their final year. I am also in the same field and am currently in the last few months of my Ph.D. We are within the country at the moment. I do not know if the situation has changed much. Kindly advise. Thanks

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys, here is an RFI email I received today. For those who also receive the RFI emails, may I ask is it the same as yours? And Are the BOLD context the REAL required files? It seems that this RFI email includes everything... and most files I have already submitted in my EOI. What exact files should I reply to this email? Your advice is appreciated.

View attachment 100469
You submitted your EOI in October 2020, right?
Does it mean that they have restarted processing October cases?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello everyone, we got our grant. This group is awesome, thank you all the kind souls.
My timeline
EOI: 14 March
UID received: 4 August
Visa Lodged: 16 Sept
Health clearance: 5 Oct
Grant: 14 Oct

Agtech, offshore, Post doc, income below threshold. Good luck to all those who are waiting.
Congarts
could you please share more information
like your citation and hindex

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi there,

I applied for GTI in July 2021, but I still haven't heard from them. I have submitted the 1000 form with my application. My nominator is Research Fellow.

Today, I received an email from ACS agreeing to support a nomination.

My question is, does ACS nomination boost the chance of getting an invitation? Any suggestions or feedback?

Does anyone have been in this situation before?

Thanks a lot

·
Registered
66 Posts
I am new here. I would like to know if the expected salary after job commencement in Aus which is in form 1000 should meet FWHIT. Any info will be highly appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.
Hi Pinklotusend, did you get the answer for the input of the expected salary? Should it be over the threshold or does not matter?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi there,

I applied for GTI in July 2021, but I still haven't heard from them. I have submitted the 1000 form with my application. My nominator is Research Fellow.

My question is, does ACS nomination boost the chance of getting an invitation? Any suggestions or feedback?

Thanks a lot
looking for the same answer

·
Registered
475 Posts
in isolated cases, it can boost - especially in the absence of any other nominators or form1000 submitted. in this 3-month old EOI, I don't really think so - but it certainly can't hurt the case to submit a second form1000 either.

Hi Pinklotusend, did you get the answer for the input of the expected salary? Should it be over the threshold or does not matter?
it should be an honest & truthful evaluation of the particular nominator filling in the form.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi there,

Thanks a lot
Hello there,

Congrats on receiving the ACS nomination as well. I was just wondering that how much time ACS took for you to provide a nomination. I have submitted my documents to ACS around 3 weeks back, no response yet. Hence wondering the time they are usually taking.

best regards

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone.
Thank you for all the help and advice.
I have received my 858 visa grant. Below is my timeline:
EOI submitted November of 2020
No RFI
UID: Sept 15
Visa lodged: Sept 16
Health exam cleared: Oct 14