Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
10861 - 10880 of 10911 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have a question please....submitting EOI without Form 1000 vs doing so with Form 1000, which is advisable? If i need to rely on ACS for Form 1000, they may take thier own sweet time of 3 months, which would mean my EOI submission has to wait for 3 months.

On the other hand Submitting EOI simultaneously while ACS assessment for nomination is happening, may lead to potentially lower profile value as perceived by EOI case officer.

I see a tradeoff between the above two options. Any expert suggestions on which route to pursue?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hi GTI enthusiasts, could you please confirm if anyone got an update after submitting form 1000.
Submitted the EOI without Form 1000 and submitted the Form 1000 via email and got an update, if so please share your timeframe.

I had submitted my EOI in Fintech on 08-Feb-2021 and submitted my Form 1000 in September 2021, still no response.
Hi @Bayleaf
Could you please help me with any information you know

·
Registered
472 Posts
I have a question please....submitting EOI without Form 1000 vs doing so with Form 1000, which is advisable? If i need to rely on ACS for Form 1000, they may take thier own sweet time of 3 months, which would mean my EOI submission has to wait for 3 months.

On the other hand Submitting EOI simultaneously while ACS assessment for nomination is happening, may lead to potentially lower profile value as perceived by EOI case officer.

I see a tradeoff between the above two options. Any expert suggestions on which route to pursue?
it depends on the rest of one's profile and onshore/offshore situation. if it's offshore and/or borderline (i.e. some criteria met, some not - even without the nominator & form 1000), then one is best to wait, whereas if said one is onshore and meets or exceeds all other criteria otherwise, then a simultaneous application might make sense.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I did parallel. I submitted EOI and ACS for the same time. One month after I amended ACS nominator form, I got UID.

·
Registered
53 Posts

My advice is always to put your best foot forward from the start. Form 1000 is now listed as a required component of the EOI (this is a fairly recent change, it used to be optional). To submit the EOI without one is a willful dismissal of the program requirements which doesn’t look good. I think it’s better to take the time you need to gather everything required, nomination included.

I had the same dilemma/question as you when I was applying earlier this year and since Form 1000 was still optional, I agreed with the advice of proceeding without one and using the lag time to find someone. Luckily but stressfully, I immediately received a RFI for a nominator and I had 2 weeks to figure it out. (I’ve talked about my journey for finding a nominator here). I wouldn’t have made that decision if DHA clearly stated it was required.

General advice, don’t only rely on ACS for the nomination considering how many seemingly qualified applicants get denied. While you wait on the ACS decision, see if you can find someone else.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Dear Bayleaf, DocHarp and all,
How can we interpret this for PhD graduates at entry level academic? Does it mean that only academic at Level D or E qualified? Thanks
From what I understand of this, PhD graduates are in a different category altogether. If are an entry level academic who received your PhD <3 years ago, you qualify even if you aren’t at Level D/E.

If are an entry-level academic who received your PhD more than 3 years ago, but haven’t reached a Level D/E professorship, you would not qualify for GTI.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi
My advice is always to put your best foot forward from the start. Form 1000 is now listed as a required component of the EOI (this is a fairly recent change, it used to be optional). To submit the EOI without one is a willful dismissal of the program requirements which doesn’t look good. I think it’s better to take the time you need to gather everything required, nomination included.

I had the same dilemma/question as you when I was applying earlier this year and since Form 1000 was still optional, I agreed with the advice of proceeding without one and using the lag time to find someone. Luckily but stressfully, I immediately received a RFI for a nominator and I had 2 weeks to figure it out. (I’ve talked about my journey for finding a nominator here). I wouldn’t have made that decision if DHA clearly stated it was required.

General advice, don’t only rely on ACS for the nomination considering how many seemingly qualified applicants get denied. While you wait on the ACS decision, see if you can find someone else.
Thanks for being so detailed. This is extremely helpful!

·
Registered
12 Posts
My profile - Data Science - 8 years experienced in India in Top MNC Companies. 2+ years in Software Engineering.

2 Patent Grants, 8 in Pending Stage on Google Patents, 7 More Patents at various stages of getting filed.

All patents in AI and Machine Learning.

Completed my MBA in 2013. Graduated In Engineering in 2007, neither of the bachelors or masters in Data Science.

I spoke to an Agent today who is in Australia(Spent 100 dollars for consultation :)), she said since i finished my Masters in 2013 which is not within last the last 3 years meaning (2018-2021), she said GTI may not be right and started suggesting other Visa Options. She said sublcass 491 could be the best for me given my Brother is a citizen in AUstralia (not in the field of AI/ML though)

Please guide, what experienced folks here 1. think about my Profile ( Patents are my key Unique Selling Point), 2. what do you have to say about Masters being pursued very recently to qualify for GTI.

Will profoundly appreciate any guidance here please.

·
Registered
30 Posts
From what I understand of this, PhD graduates are in a different category altogether. If are an entry level academic who received your PhD <3 years ago, you qualify even if you aren’t at Level D/E.

If are an entry-level academic who received your PhD more than 3 years ago, but haven’t reached a Level D/E professorship, you would not qualify for GTI.
Many thanks for making it clearer. I believe your interpration is correct.

·
Registered
79 Posts
My profile - Data Science - 8 years experienced in India in Top MNC Companies. 2+ years in Software Engineering.

2 Patent Grants, 8 in Pending Stage on Google Patents, 7 More Patents at various stages of getting filed.

Completed my MBA in 2013. Graduated In Engineering in 2007, neither of the bachelors or masters in Data Science.

I spoke to an Agent today who is in Australia(Spent 100 dollars for consultation :)), she said since i finished my Masters in 2013 which is not within last the last 3 years meaning (2018-2021), she said GTI may not be right and started suggesting other Visa Options. She said sublcass 491 could be the best for me given my Brother is a citizen in AUstralia (not in the field of AI/ML though)

Please guide, what experienced folks here 1. think about my Profile ( Patents are my key Unique Selling Point), 2. what do you have to say about Masters being pursued very recently to qualify for GTI.

Hello! I'd say, try getting a preliminary assessment for your profile from ACS. That'd make things more clearer. If it's positive, we can expect atleast a 80% chance that DHA may accept your profile too. All the best!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hello! I'd say, try getting a preliminary assessment for your profile from ACS. That'd make things more clearer. If it's positive, we can expect atleast a 80% chance that DHA may accept your profile too. All the best!
Thanks Mayur, do you mean try t get the nomination from ACS, get the Form 1000 ? Also, is the requirement to have the masters done recently within 3 years window of applying a fact? I dont see any such requirement on the Immi website.

Thanks for the help!

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks Mayur, do you mean try t get the nomination from ACS, get the Form 1000 ? Also, is the requirement to have the masters done recently within 3 years window of applying a fact? I dont see any such requirement on the Immi website.

Thanks for the help!
No, the three year requirement is for PhD not for masters. Yes, I mean the nomination from ACS. All the best!

·
Registered
291 Posts

This agent is correct in their judgment and advise. Ig is better tk follow what they suggested about 491 as this is your best option.

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi All,

I would like to share my experience when applying for ACS nominator.
  • Applied: June 9, with the same documents as I applied for GTI
  • Received Acknowledgement from ACS: June 21
  • Request for further information from ACS: August 1, I needed to fill to the ACS form plus all evidences for what I mentioned in the form
  • Accepted and requested for payment: September 3. I have to create the account for ACS, login, and payment online.
  • Got the form 1000: September 7
It was almost 3 months to get ACS nominator.

Hope it would be useful for those who want to get ACS nominator

Best,
Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
291 Posts
From what I understand of this, PhD graduates are in a different category altogether. If are an entry level academic who received your PhD E.

Good luck reaching level E in 3 years after PhD. No one has achieve that ever. Normally you start with post doc level A then after 2 to 3 years you move to level B and you keep claiming the lader. But going from A to D or E is not going to happen.

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
12 Posts
Folks can you pleae suggest top 3 / top 5 immigration lawyers / marn registered agents in Australia who have experience in 858?

ALso how are you guys doing it, doing it on your own ?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Good luck reaching level E in 3 years after PhD. No one has achieve that ever. Normally you start with post doc level A then after 2 to 3 years you move to level B and you keep claiming the lader. But going from A to D or E is not going to happen.
What you said is exactly the point though. The GTI visa is meant for highly established professionals (or super new talent). If you’re a junior academic, the GTI visa isn’t for you. DHA isn’t expecting junior academics to somehow “jump” up the ladder. They’re telling them to apply for a visa they’re qualified for.

I appreciate that DHA specified these guidelines because it offers an objective metric.

10861 - 10880 of 10911 Posts