Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
9621 - 9640 of 10233 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes they can, my wife is the primary applicant but stayed back in Holland due to ongoing research project. However, I entered Australia without any hassle. Need to quarantine for 2 weeks though. Make sure get enough play games to engage your kids. I would recommend check govt website for fees and other requirements (if changed). Watch couple of YouTube videos what to expect in quarantine.
P.s. I arrived at Sydney on 20th may 2021
This is very helpful information. Thanks for sharing 👍

·
Registered
70 Posts
As an early career academic, I compiled a list of research associate and lecturer positions from various Australian universities. As I claimed my skills were transferable to other in-demand jobs, I also found a few (relevant) high-salaried industry postings on Seek. I compiled a cover sheet that basically amounted to a statement that I would be qualified for the following currently-available positions and a table of contents. Note that, I am onshore and currently employed, so my case was a bit different.

Consider checking your travel dates carefully. I had a similar thing happen when I had accidentally listed a single-day cross-border shopping trip as a year-long trip by making a mistake in the return year. Once corrected, the police check was no longer recommended for that country. As per the official instructions: " If requested you will need to: ... include an Australian police certificate if you have spent 12 months or more in Australia in the last 10 years since you turned 16". If you only spent 6 months, then it sounds as if you shouldn't need the clearance but, ultimately, you may need to provide one if requested.
I have rechecked all the date thrice but its still appearing. What to do.
any suggestion please

·
Registered
70 Posts
Does this applicant have an Australian visa grant number from a previous visa application?

even if this visa expired long before? still we have to answer it yes?
or it is only for current visa holders?

·
Registered
285 Posts
Does this applicant have an Australian visa grant number from a previous visa application?

even if this visa expired long before? still we have to answer it yes?
or it is only for current visa holders?
Still need to answer Yes.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have rechecked all the date thrice but its still appearing. What to do.
any suggestion please
Someone here, I don't remember, said that he spent only a few days in another country. He was then asked to provide evidence of this. You can try submitting evidence in ImmiAccount (tickets?) of your travel in and out of that country showing that you stayed less than 12 months.

I think a better option is to just provide the police certificate as the request still appears even when you checked the dates. Perhaps this is what is required for your particular situation.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Many thanks Toby88...yes I took the help of Fragomen and it seems they take forever and ever and don't have much liason with the SAPS. They are saying I need to send fresh fingerprints to support this process. I have written to the link your provided and approached them on WA.

I am curious because the CO said all alias names to be added. In fact she had SK SC and SCK in her multiple alias.
So maybe all 3 need to be added but while she was travelling in South Africa only SC would do. or
Be Mentioned like Forename - S, Mainden Surname - C and Current Surname - K.

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk
Yes all names will be added in the new PCC Forename - S, Mainden Surname - C and Current Surname - K

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi guys,
I am from Hong Kong. I already submitted my EOI in April. Due to my internet service provider is going to terminate, my email (that used to submitted my EOI) is not available to access soon. I already send email to globaltalentHK@homeaffairs.gov.au to request to update with new email address but I only received an auto response.

In the automated response email, I found below message:

If you have already submitted an Expression of Interest
The Department will contact you if further information is required, or when an assessment has been made. We will not send an email confirming that we received your EOI. As we are experiencing significant delays, you may not hear from us for some time. Do not submit a further EOI as this will contribute to further delays. Please check your inbox and your junk mail folder regularly.

If you have submitted an EOI and want to provide additional documents that you did not include in your EOI, send them to [email protected] and we will attach them to your file. Please provide your passport number in your email. Note: this auto-response is acknowledgment that these documents were attached to your file.

So should I send another email to [email protected] to request for my email update? Or the automated response from globaltalentHK@homeaffairs.gov.au already means my email was already updated, grateful advice?
Thx.
Got the response from HK GTI office that my email update will be passed to processing team for action.

·
Registered
5 Posts
This is very helpful information. Thanks for sharing 👍
Yes they can, my wife is the primary applicant but stayed back in Holland due to ongoing research project. However, I entered Australia without any hassle. Need to quarantine for 2 weeks though. Make sure get enough play games to engage your kids. I would recommend check govt website for fees and other requirements (if changed). Watch couple of YouTube videos what to expect in quarantine.

.Nick 1984 how many Australia dollars did you spent for the whole visa processing for you and your wife

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hi All,
Quick question- Do you have to move to Australia in 12 months after your visa grant?

Or
Just need to go once to get stamped in first 12 months and then can move within next 4 years?

·
Registered
24,133 Posts
Hi All,
Quick question- Do you have to move to Australia in 12 months after your visa grant?

Or
Just need to go once to get stamped in first 12 months and then can move within next 4 years?
The IED or initial entry date requirements have been waived due to covid presently
You can just write a letter to the department and they will confirm it
You can enter Australia anytime within the 5 years from the date of the grant and live happily forever
Cheers

·
Registered
70 Posts
Someone here, I don't remember, said that he spent only a few days in another country. He was then asked to provide evidence of this. You can try submitting evidence in ImmiAccount (tickets?) of your travel in and out of that country showing that you stayed less than 12 months.

I think a better option is to just provide the police certificate as the request still appears even when you checked the dates. Perhaps this is what is required for your particular situation.
Please tell me procedure yo apply for certificate from offshore

·
Registered
66 Posts
My LinkedIn profile was visited by someone from the Global Business & Talent Taskforce.

Is this a common occurrence for them?
Did they also look at someone else's profile?
Do we see this as a positive sign?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Hi
Do we need to travel with the hard copies of the PCCs while entry or soft copies will do ? Or no PCC is required while entry ?

·
Registered
12 Posts
$6251.31 aud ( this includes $80 approx credit card fees)
If you want to avoid credit card fee then pay by Bpay.
Hi
Do we need to travel with the hard copies of the PCCs while entry or soft copies will do ? Or no PCC is required while entry ?

You don't need PCC to enter as all your details are linked with your passport.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Thank you so much.

9621 - 9640 of 10233 Posts