Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

9601 - 9620 of 9629 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Honestly can't believe I got my UID today! I thought it would be months of waiting and or rejection for sure
Submitted EOI: April 18, 2021
RFI: None
UID received: June 10, 2021

Ok so if I proceed with this now few questions hopefully you can help with:
-I've heard it can take awhile to book medical examines - how do I do this (and do it quickly)? Where do I book?

-When submitting things for the actual application do I need to submit much different than I did for the EOI (like in terms of proof of my accomplishments or information on my nominator etc) ?

Thanks
- Health check - book the earliest available via Bupa medical and mention your HAP ID (you will get it once you lodge the visa). Then you can check Bupa regularly and eventually you will get an earlier reservation (somebody on this forum gave me this advise and it worked! I ended up having my medical done in a week. Even though original time slot was months away)

- I used mainly the same documents. I noticed that Form 1000 changed since October 2020 (when I submitted my EOI), so we had to update this.

Good luck :)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Honestly can't believe I got my UID today! I thought it would be months of waiting and or rejection for sure

Profile- onshore in Perth with 457 temp visa currently
I am from US originally.
Space (astronomy) target sector.
Currently a fellow with prize fellowship working in Australia since 2018
PhD from Canadian University in 2015 (in astronomy)
30 publications (9 as first author) with over 800 citations in total
My nominator is a researcher in Australia. submitted form 1000 but no reference letters
Bsc, Msc, PhD, Postdoc,..
Salary: below FWHIT (but provided job ads I would be qualified for in Aus that are within the salary range or have a salary range above the cutoff)

-I've heard it can take awhile to book medical examines - how do I do this (and do it quickly)? Where do I book?

-When submitting things for the actual application do I need to submit much different than I did for the EOI (like in terms of proof of my accomplishments or information on my nominator etc) ?

Thanks
Congratulations! For your medical check, initially I booked an available earliest one then check as much as you can to see any earlier spot. Someone may cancle or change booking. If you have any family member then try to make separate booking which I did.
My original bookings were more than a month away but luckily I could manged to finish health check in a week.

For the second question, I didn't change much except I provided updated future job list as I am below the bar at the moment and some of the advertisements were not available at that time.
Good luck to your application!

·
Registered
18 Posts

Profile- onshore in Perth with 457 temp visa currently
I am from US originally.
Space (astronomy) target sector.
Currently a fellow with prize fellowship working in Australia since 2018
PhD from Canadian University in 2015 (in astronomy)
30 publications (9 as first author) with over 800 citations in total
My nominator is a researcher in Australia. submitted form 1000 but no reference letters
Bsc, Msc, PhD, Postdoc,..
Salary: below FWHIT (but provided job ads I would be qualified for in Aus that are within the salary range or have a salary range above the cutoff)

Thanks
Not recent PhD graduate, Not high salary, but can receive UID within 2 months, unexplainable! Anyway, super congrats:) and Good luck for your visa application:)

·
Registered
73 Posts
Not recent PhD graduate, Not high salary, but can receive UID within 2 months, unexplainable! Anyway, super congrats:) and Good luck for your visa application:)
That's why yesterday I mentioned that the people who say only high salary or recent Ph.D. matters are discouraging other people.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello All,

I would like to know if anyone has applied for a global talent visa from an employer and with Master's Degree. I have read some articles where they mentioned only ph.d holders can apply for a Global Talent Visa. Let me know your experience so far. Thanks

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hello All,

I would like to know if anyone has applied for a global talent visa from an employer and with Master's Degree. I have read some articles where they mentioned only ph.d holders can apply for a Global Talent Visa. Let me know your experience so far. Thanks
As far as I have observed, i think GTI is not just for PhD holders.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi guys,
I am from Hong Kong. I already submitted my EOI in April. Due to my internet service provider is going to terminate, my email (that used to submitted my EOI) is not available to access soon. I already send email to globaltalentHK@homeaffairs.gov.au to request to update with new email address but I only received an auto response.

In the automated response email, I found below message:

If you have already submitted an Expression of Interest
The Department will contact you if further information is required, or when an assessment has been made. We will not send an email confirming that we received your EOI. As we are experiencing significant delays, you may not hear from us for some time. Do not submit a further EOI as this will contribute to further delays. Please check your inbox and your junk mail folder regularly.

If you have submitted an EOI and want to provide additional documents that you did not include in your EOI, send them to [email protected] and we will attach them to your file. Please provide your passport number in your email. Note: this auto-response is acknowledgment that these documents were attached to your file.

So should I send another email to [email protected] to request for my email update? Or the automated response from globaltalentHK@homeaffairs.gov.au already means my email was already updated, grateful advice?
Thx.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Hello All,

A PhD is certainly not required. However, one cannot apply with only a Master's degree based solely on the merits of their academic qualifications. See below for a better explanation (Source: Hannan Tew Immigration Lawyers)

From 20 January 2021, Bachelor (with Honours) and Masters graduates are no longer eligible for invitation to the GTI program on the basis of those qualifications alone. This replaces older guidelines which considered applicants who:
  1. were recent Masters or Honours graduates (who completed their studies in the last 3 years);
  2. had obtained a WAM of at last 80% or more; and
  3. the course was directly related to the relevant target sector.
These individuals were also considered to have the ability to attract the Fair Work High Income Threshold (FWHIT) requirements.

The Department have advised that the new changes apply "regardless of the date you submitted your EOI", meaning it applies to existing EOIs which have already been submitted.

That is not to say that recent Masters or Bachelors (Honours) graduates should not apply, but that they must also demonstrate international recognition outside of their academic achievements in order to receive an invitation.

Note that candidates in the above cohort who received an invitation reference identifier prior to 20 January 2021 will still be eligible to lodge an application for a Distinguished Talent (subclass 858) visa with priority processing.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Though the auto replied email said they are processing applications in Oct, my agent said no applicants (submitted through them) in Oct get a response yet. Any applicants in Oct has got a response in the past week?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Though the auto replied email said they are processing applications in Oct, my agent said no applicants (submitted through them) in Oct get a response yet. Any applicants in Oct has got a response in the past week?
Yes, I got a response on 3rd of June and my EOI submission date is 6th of October. I am in Energy sector.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hi All,

I hope you are well. I got an s56 today for my wife.

Police clearance certificates
Please provide an new South Africa Police clearance certificate to include alias names."

Background:

PCC from South Africa has her current passport name (Mrs. Sxxx Kxxxxx) and but not her alias names or maiden name.

Her Birth/alias Name or Maiden name was Ms Sxxxx Cxxxx

During her travel to South Africa with me (Oct 2012 to Oct 2016), her passport had the maiden name Sxxxxx Cxxxx as we did not have time to do the name change due to my urgent secondment and transfer needs. We did her name change to Sxxx Kxxx later.

I am had attached her old passport pages (relevant during her stay in South Africa) and her new passport pages (New & current) in my applications details.

I think the Aus DHA would like to verify that she existed in South Africa in her alias name (SxxxxCxxxx) during her stay in South Africa between 2012 and 2016 and hence then it should be added to the PCC or her maiden name be referred to in the PCC along with her new passport name.

Or
Both names should be in the PCC from South Africa.
Kindly let me know what I should do as I had already and recently procured the South African PCC for both us but it took us 5 months ?

Sent from my SM-A515F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi All,

I hope you are well. I got an s56 today for my wife.

Police clearance certificates
Please provide an new South Africa Police clearance certificate to include alias names."

Background:

PCC from South Africa has her current passport name (Mrs. Sxxx Kxxxxx) and but not her alias names or maiden name.

Her Birth/alias Name or Maiden name was Ms Sxxxx Cxxxx

During her travel to South Africa with me (Oct 2012 to Oct 2016), her passport had the maiden name Sxxxxx Cxxxx as we did not have time to do the name change due to my urgent secondment and transfer needs. We did her name change to Sxxx Kxxx later.

I am had attached her old passport pages (relevant during her stay in South Africa) and her new passport pages (New & current) in my applications details.

I think the Aus DHA would like to verify that she existed in South Africa in her alias name (SxxxxCxxxx) during her stay in South Africa between 2012 and 2016 and hence then it should be added to the PCC or her maiden name be referred to in the PCC along with her new passport name.

Or
Both names should be in the PCC from South Africa.
Kindly let me know what I should do as I had already and recently procured the South African PCC for both us but it took us 5 months ?

Hello Karak2002,

I also received a similar s56 request like you when I submitted my PCC from South Africa and also had similar issue like you. South African Police only issues the PCC based on the name that appears on your current/valid passport plus her maiden name (with you providing your marriage certificate as evidence of the maiden name). But you have to indicate it in the application form.

So you have to apply for another South African PCC and tick in the application form that you want your wife's maiden name to be included in the PCC and submit your marriage certificate as the evidence of the maiden name. Note that only the marriage certificate is accepted as evidence of the maiden name. They don't accept old passport

So in your new PCC you can have all three names together Sxxx Kxxx Cxxxx

Your SA PCC took 5 months? That is a lot of time. You can get it in a month or less you just have to pay third-party to expedite the process. Contact this guys with the link below. I used them and I got mine in less than 1 month.

In fact adding only maiden name to your wife's PCC should take less than two weeks. Only a reprint will be done.

South African Police Clearance Certificates. | Police Clear

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi All,

I have submitted my EOI in February 2021 and waiting for an outcome. At the time of submission, there was no mandatory requirement to provide a nominator form/details.

Now, I see that many EOI applicants are getting RFI for nomination form before issuance of UID.

Before I had submitted my EOI in February, I had emailed ACS Australia for a nomination but that time they mentioned that as per their process they will do assessment and provide nomination (if assessment satisfactory) only after UID issued by DHA.

Has anyone got ACS nomination recently before issuance of UID?

Please let me know. TIA.

·
Registered
66 Posts
Hi Guys! I am granted 858 visa- offshore. Is that possible for my husband and children come to Australia before me since my children need to enroll to school and I need to finish my contract in Japan next year . Thank you so much!!!

·
Registered
63 Posts
Hello Karak2002,

I also received a similar s56 request like you when I submitted my PCC from South Africa and also had similar issue like you. South African Police only issues the PCC based on the name that appears on your current/valid passport plus her maiden name (with you providing your marriage certificate as evidence of the maiden name). But you have to indicate it in the application form.

So you have to apply for another South African PCC and tick in the application form that you want your wife's maiden name to be included in the PCC and submit your marriage certificate as the evidence of the maiden name. Note that only the marriage certificate is accepted as evidence of the maiden name. They don't accept old passport

So in your new PCC you can have all three names together Sxxx Kxxx Cxxxx

Your SA PCC took 5 months? That is a lot of time. You can get it in a month or less you just have to pay third-party to expedite the process. Contact this guys with the link below. I used them and I got mine in less than 1 month.

In fact adding only maiden name to your wife's PCC should take less than two weeks. Only a reprint will be done.

South African Police Clearance Certificates. | Police Clear View attachment 99736
Many thanks Toby88...yes I took the help of Fragomen and it seems they take forever and ever and don't have much liason with the SAPS. They are saying I need to send fresh fingerprints to support this process. I have written to the link your provided and approached them on WA.

I am curious because the CO said all alias names to be added. In fact she had SK SC and SCK in her multiple alias.
So maybe all 3 need to be added but while she was travelling in South Africa only SC would do. or
Be Mentioned like Forename - S, Mainden Surname - C and Current Surname - K.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Hi Guys! I am granted 858 visa- offshore. Is that possible for my husband and children come to Australia before me since my children need to enroll to school and I need to finish my contract in Japan next year . Thank you so much!!!
Someone else on another discussion had the same question. They said that dependents can go to Australia before the primary applicant. I will see if I can find that discussion again.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Hi All,

I have submitted my EOI in February 2021 and waiting for an outcome. At the time of submission, there was no mandatory requirement to provide a nominator form/details.

Now, I see that many EOI applicants are getting RFI for nomination form before issuance of UID.

Before I had submitted my EOI in February, I had emailed ACS Australia for a nomination but that time they mentioned that as per their process they will do assessment and provide nomination (if assessment satisfactory) only after UID issued by DHA.

Has anyone got ACS nomination recently before issuance of UID?

Please let me know. TIA.
Hey, since May 2021, they are assessing and issuing nominations even before you receive a UID. Email them.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Yes they can, my wife is the primary applicant but stayed back in Holland due to ongoing research project. However, I entered Australia without any hassle. Need to quarantine for 2 weeks though. Make sure get enough play games to engage your kids. I would recommend check govt website for fees and other requirements (if changed). Watch couple of YouTube videos what to expect in quarantine.
P.s. I arrived at Sydney on 20th may 2021

9601 - 9620 of 9629 Posts