Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

9041 - 9060 of 9642 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Congratulations DocHarp!
I submitted my application on 23rd with Police clearance, Medical cleared 3 days ago but the application status is still showing as Received. Hopefully next week it will be picked up by an Officer. Cheers
My case and two of my friends had changed to further accessed after 2 weeks
Just wondering was it 2 weeks after the date of medicals or 2 days after marked as cleared medical?
Also wondering are you overseas? One of our friends got it 3 weeks after lodging his visa, onshore, medicals done 3 days after visa lodging, no additional documents required. (Although this was 4 months ago)

·
Registered
14 Posts
I
Hi guys, hope you doing well. I have a question to ask about the 858 application. I have lodged in 3 May and the Medical clearance completed 5th May. Anyone has any idea how long will it take to change the status from Received to Initial ? Thanks
Hi. it will take 3 weeks for initial assessment.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Ah while I’m not comfortable sending out my completed form, I’d recommend using your own EOI answers as the basis for most of those questions, specifically the ones relating to you. As we’re asked very similar questions about our skills, employability, salary potential, etc - I drafted some answers for my nominator and essentially stated the same information I gave in my statement of prominence, statement of achievements, and statement of employability (rephrased of course). For Q32, I’ve given some suggestions here:

Good luck!
Thanks alot

·
Registered
23,849 Posts
we can include our family members in our application.
there is no need of separate 858 application????
Only spouse and children can be included
No siblings or parents
Cheers

·
Registered
67 Posts
Just wondering was it 2 weeks after the date of medicals or 2 days after marked as cleared medical?
Also wondering are you overseas? One of our friends got it 3 weeks after lodging his visa, onshore, medicals done 3 days after visa lodging, no additional documents required. (Although this was 4 months ago)
We are offshore, 2 weeks after submitting application

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi everyone,

I have been following this group for last 2 months and time has come for me to share good news. Got UID today.

Profile details below -
  • EOI submission - Week of 22nd March, 2021
  • Sector - Energy (worked for last ~2 years in this sector)
  • Highest Degree - MBA
  • Compensation - Greater than 150k
  • Nominator - Form 1000 provided
  • No papers, conferences, scholarship, publications etc
  • Total work experience - ~10 years (80% outside Australia); currently onshore
Happy to pay it forward and provide guidance to other folks.

Will apply for visa in next 3-4 weeks and hopefully should get the permanent residency.
Hi, My profile is similar. I have approached a Migration consultant. He prepared the documents, but I'm not happy with the content. Will you advise me (or) share sample letters.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Is it good to submitt application without police character certificate?
You should and would have been prompted to attach penal clearance certificate during the application, if you have stayed in any country for 12 months or more in the last 10 years.
If you don't provide this, sooner or later you will get s56 request from the case officer. And if you still don't provide what they requested, your application might be rejected.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have submitted my EOI under Infrastructure and tourism sector. Now I have renewed by passport as it is about expire....sending my new passport to [email protected] as an additional document would be fine? will this affect my EOI processings?kindly reply
If you have an Immiaccount, update directly through this account so that the system can recognise your new passport for future communications. Also, email global talent to update. They will add to your file.
Thank you.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thank you.
Bro, if you haven't received a UID, then Immiaccount is not applicable for you as you haven't lodged your application yet unless you apply for DT visa stream.
If you haven't received a UID, then you should update the department of the passport change by email, not via the Immiaccount.

Cheers

9041 - 9060 of 9642 Posts