Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

9021 - 9040 of 9629 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have submitted my EOI under Infrastructure and tourism sector. Now I have renewed by passport as it is about expire....sending my new passport to [email protected] as an additional document would be fine? will this affect my EOI processings?kindly reply

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have submitted my EOI under Infrastructure and tourism sector. Now I have renewed by passport as it is about expire....sending my new passport to [email protected] as an additional document would be fine? will this affect my EOI processings?kindly reply
If you have an Immiaccount, update directly through this account so that the system can recognise your new passport for future communications. Also, email global talent to update. They will add to your file.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Hi guys, hope you doing well. I have a question to ask about the 858 application. I have lodged in 3 May and the Medical clearance completed 5th May. Anyone has any idea how long will it take to change the status from Received to Initial ? Thanks

·
Registered
36 Posts
My visa was granted today!! Updated profile and timeline below:

• Submitted EOI: 14 Feb 2021
  • RFI: 22 Feb 2021 (additional evidence of achievements, statement of prominence, and nominator)
  • Responded to RFI: 8 Mar (included nominator contact info but not form 1000)
  • Received UID: 11 Mar
  • Submitted visa: 18 Mar
  • Completed Health assessment: 27 Mar
  • s56 requested for police clearances: 31 Mar
  • Responded to s56 request: 12 Apr
  • Visa granted: 30 Apr 2021

Of note, I don’t remember exactly when my application went from Received > Initial Assessment > Further Assessment but from believe it went to initial assessment after I completed my health exam and moved to further assessment a few days later when my health results were finalized.

Good luck everyone!
DocHarp
(she/her/hers)
Hi I am applying for 858, m having difficulty in filling form 1000, fields 8, 32, 36, 37.means how to write strong recommendations.
Will you please send me filled form.if possible or otherwise statements

·
Registered
36 Posts
Hello Everyone,

Just wanted to share the news here!

Profile details below -
  • EOI submission - Week of 8th March 2021
  • Sector - Information Technology
  • Highest Degree - Bachelor in Computer Science
  • Compensation - 150k+
  • Nominator - Form 1000 provided
  • Provided conferences and publications
  • Total work experience - ~15 years
  • EOI approved - Week of 19th April 2021
Working on the visa application...

Please let me know if you have any questions.
Hi I am applying for 858, m having difficulty in filling form 1000, fields 8, 32, 36, 37.means how to write strong recommendations.
Will you please send me filled form

·
Registered
17 Posts
Hi everyone,
I sent my EOI 4th of July 2020, still I didn't receive any reply. What should I do??? Please advice me.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi friends,

In the application home, it says processing time is 17 -20 months.

However, on the homeaffairs website it says
Processing times
Global Talent Pathway

• 75% of applications: 65 days
  • 90% of applications: 88 days
Distinguished Talent Pathway
  • 75% of applications: 17 months
  • 90% of applications: 20 months

Does anyone who received the invitation after April 2021 and lodge the application have any updates for me?

I can remember @DocHarp had a similar invitation code
“Invitation to apply for the Global Talent program (Global Talent visa)

Name and Invitation reference identifier: NAME - XXX2021/XXXXXX
Invitation code: XXXXXX”

However, l had submitted EOI for DTV at that time and invited for GTV.

If this is going to take >17 months, Do I have to apply for a Bridging VISA B for traveling outside?

P.S: I am in S500, Applied for S485 December 2020, and still have not received an answer.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My visa was granted today!! Updated profile and timeline below:

• Submitted EOI: 14 Feb 2021
  • RFI: 22 Feb 2021 (additional evidence of achievements, statement of prominence, and nominator)
  • Responded to RFI: 8 Mar (included nominator contact info but not form 1000)
  • Received UID: 11 Mar
  • Submitted visa: 18 Mar
  • Completed Health assessment: 27 Mar
  • s56 requested for police clearances: 31 Mar
  • Responded to s56 request: 12 Apr
  • Visa granted: 30 Apr 2021

Of note, I don’t remember exactly when my application went from Received > Initial Assessment > Further Assessment but from believe it went to initial assessment after I completed my health exam and moved to further assessment a few days later when my health results were finalized.

Good luck everyone!
DocHarp
(she/her/hers)
Congratulations @DocHarp !!! Happy for you friend. 💐

·
Registered
32 Posts
Will you please send me filled form.if possible or otherwise statements
Ah while I’m not comfortable sending out my completed form, I’d recommend using your own EOI answers as the basis for most of those questions, specifically the ones relating to you. As we’re asked very similar questions about our skills, employability, salary potential, etc - I drafted some answers for my nominator and essentially stated the same information I gave in my statement of prominence, statement of achievements, and statement of employability (rephrased of course). For Q32, I’ve given some suggestions here:
if you are applying from the energy sector your nominator needs to also be someone in the energy sector. It doesn’t need to be someone who does what you do but I’d recommend someone with enough experience/ a strong enough resume themselves to be able to vouch for you. As long as you make a case for how the person’s field makes them qualified, I think you should be good.

For example/ context, I am a PhD-level scientist with work experience as a technical medical writer within a medical communications agency. My nominator was a Vice President of Business Development within the medical communications space (with a bachelors in science). He isn’t a scientist and he wouldn’t know any of the technical aspects of my research or the medical writing that I did. However, as a part of the Form 1000, we highlighted that he also worked within the health industries (my target sector) and had extensive experience working with pharmaceutical companies. For me, it was important we included the broad language of ‘health industries’ to show that even though we have very different roles, we were within the same general pharmaceutical space. We also focused on the ways in which he, as a senior member of the company, interacts with scientists (which I wanted to include to show that he know what a ‘good scientist’ would look like, even if it’s not his sphere.)
Good luck!

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi friends,

Processing times
Global Talent Pathway

Does anyone who received the invitation after April 2021 and lodge the application have any updates for me?

If this is going to take >17 months, Do I have to apply for a Bridging VISA B for traveling outside?

P.S: I am in S500, Applied for S485 December 2020, and still have not received an answer.
Since you received an invitation code, it’s only ~2 month wait (Read this). But if you want to travel during that time and you aren’t on a substantial visa then yes - you need to apply for the BVB.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi friends,

Processing times
Global Talent Pathway

Since you received an invitation code, it’s only ~2 month wait (Read this). But if you want to travel during that time and you aren’t on a substantial visa then yes - you need to apply for the BVB.
[/QUOTE]
Thanks, @DocHarp So does that mean now DTV and GTV are the same?

·
Registered
32 Posts
So does that mean now DTV and GTV are the same?
The Distinguished Talent and Global Talent have been combined to only the Global Talent program, yes. However receiving an invitation code means you gets all the benefits of the global talent stream (more places, faster processing time, etc).

·
Registered
49 Posts
The Distinguished Talent and Global Talent have been combined to only the Global Talent program, yes. However receiving an invitation code means you gets all the benefits of the global talent stream (more places, faster processing time, etc).
Thank you very much. 🙏

·
Registered
66 Posts
Not sure whether it's vary for different cases, I have completed the medical check over 1 month, but still in "Received" status. Currently, still waiting for letter of referral to apply CNCC.
My case and two of my friends had changed to further accessed after 2 weeks

9021 - 9040 of 9629 Posts