Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

9001 - 9020 of 9631 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi everyone,
I hope everyone is doing well :)

This is my first post and I hope someone can help. I heard that there is a case where visa 491 holder can get the Visa 858 granted even when the requirement of holding visa 491 for 3 years does not meet.

It would be great if any of you has experience and successful to override the visa 491 by the visa 858, please share your thoughts/experience. Or is there anyone know the update regarding these visa issues.

I am stuck now with the above situation, FYI. I am a visa 491 holder and now being invited for the visa 858. From what I understand, if I lodge visa 858 now, my application will be rejected because I am 491 visa holder. This is the most updated news that I am aware of.

Thank you very much, everyone and I hope to get your response soon.

Nct84
May I know if anyone has experience on this? Thanks!!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I am grateful for the information/insight we get from here! This is my maiden post.
I received PCCs from the countries I have lived in. Is it a requirement to send certified copies? Each PCC has a short statement in English e.g. No record but the rest is in German and or Dutch. Do I still need to translate to English? Looking forward to hear from you.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi, I was wondering if someone have comments on below:

I had applied for Global 858 visa on January 17, S56 submitted February 10; Nothing ever since as the status says Further Assessment. My application has passed normal processing and was wondering if there is someone here with similar situation and how can I follow up with the immigration.

Thanks
Hi, this exactly my situation too. I lodge the application on 25 Jan and yet no reply. I have already submitted s56 queries.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I am grateful for the information/insight we get from here! This is my maiden post.
I received PCCs from the countries I have lived in. Is it a requirement to send certified copies? Each PCC has a short statement in English e.g. No record but the rest is in German and or Dutch. Do I still need to translate to English? Looking forward to hear from you.
My opinion: if every sentence is written in both the native language and English, then should be fine without translation. But if most of the content in the document are not in English, and there's no English translation, then you might need to get it translated. (I could be wrong though)

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hi All,

I have same problem; my timeline for Global Talent visa suddently changed to 17-20 months from 65 days to 88 days.

Pls help, what happened to you guys it is been 2 months. Did you get visa?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I think that 18-20 months processing time is a system error...or we should believe it that way, lol.
Hi All,

I have same problem; my timeline for Global Talent visa suddently changed to 17-20 months from 65 days to 88 days.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi All,

Yet no news! I got UID in January and applied on 25th Jan. No news so far. I have no idea how to follow up.

·
Registered
14 Posts
View attachment 99490

Just sharing the Global Talent team’s reply about processing times. As previously confirmed, it is a glitch and if you are invited to apply for the Global Talent visa it is a ~2 month turn around.

FYI: I sent my inquiry as a reply to the S56 request, which was a ‘no reply’ email, and copied the general Global Talent email ([email protected]) as the one specific to the Americas. The general account responded to me within minutes.
Thanks for sharing this. when did you receive this email? in April 2021?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I had to attach a German and Australian one, both worked fine as they were and I needed no extra translation for the German police record.
The german one has a "No record" on it (if you have a clean slate! ;)).

·
Registered
23,839 Posts
Ohh really bad, I have job waiting in Australia for me. They will not wait for 17 months for me. :(
Same here, I have two large-scale projects in a critical sector for governmental entities waiting for me to be in Australia! my employer is worried as the business is impacted!
Let them sponsor a 482 visa
If they are accredited employers, the 482 can be processed very fast
Cheers

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Everyone,
I received PCCs from the countries I have lived in. Is it a requirement to sendcertified copies? Each PCC has a short statement in English e.g. No record but the rest is in German and or Dutch. Do I still need to translate to English? Looking forward to hear from you.
My opinion: if every sentence is written in both the native language and English, then should be fine without translation. But if most of the content in the document are not in English, and there's no English translation, then you might need to get it translated. (I could be wrong though)

·
Registered
3 Posts
The German PCC only has two words in English 'No Record' if you have no issues with the justice system. KuliHalo's PCCs seem to have worked as issued. Thank you.

9001 - 9020 of 9631 Posts