Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
7,641 - 7,660 of 12,948 Posts
Hello Community,

After 14 months of EOI, I got my grant!!
I never lost the hope of getting it and this forum tremendously helped in keeping the lights on.
My profile was also not as impressive as many of you have. I spent few years in Australia and other countries but I am with a bachelors degree with no international papers or PhD. My Pitch deck was very strong and I tried to submit an evidence against each and every claim I made in my application and guess that worked.

Reason for delay-

I started my application in Jan 2020 and got my uid within two weeks and submitted additional documents also but then COVID happened, I still had to get pcc from 3-4 countries and that’s when they announced lockdown. It was a difficult and frustrating time for me.
The department was very responsive and considerate to my follow ups and request for time extensions.
I had a grant ready application from last 3 months but since I was outside Australia it was technically not possible for department to grant. Recently they streamlined rules for 858 and presence in Australia during grant is no more a requirement.
Congratulations GBSINGH, that's a great news.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

Hello Community,

I never lost the hope of getting it and this forum tremendously helped in keeping the lights on.
My profile was also not as impressive as many of you have. I spent few years in Australia and other countries but I am with a bachelors degree with no international papers or PhD. My Pitch deck was very strong and I tried to submit an evidence against each and every claim I made in my application and guess that worked.

Reason for delay-

I started my application in Jan 2020 and got my uid within two weeks and submitted additional documents also but then COVID happened, I still had to get pcc from 3-4 countries and that’s when they announced lockdown. It was a difficult and frustrating time for me.
The department was very responsive and considerate to my follow ups and request for time extensions.
I had a grant ready application from last 3 months but since I was outside Australia it was technically not possible for department to grant. Recently they streamlined rules for 858 and presence in Australia during grant is no more a requirement.
Congratulations GBSINGH#
Was it granted today?

Hi all,

I am new in the forum. I am a Phd student in my final year likely to complete my course by end of December, 2021. Would you mind to advice whether I start filing my EoI or wait till June, 2021 to fulfill the 6 month period due for completion of the course criteria. Thank You
Wait till you are able to provide formal evidence that you will submit your thesis soon (this should include a copy of a full academic transcript and letter from your university detailing the submission date of your thesis. Your PhD supervisor may also provide a letter confirming that you will submit your thesis within six months).
Now is a little too soon and you might be deemed as ineligible.

Wait till you are able to provide formal evidence that you will submit your thesis soon (this should include a copy of a full academic transcript and letter from your university detailing the submission date of your thesis. Your PhD supervisor may also provide a letter confirming that you will submit your thesis within six months).

Hi all,

I am new in the forum. I am a Phd student in my final year likely to complete my course by end of December, 2021. Would you mind to advice whether I start filing my EoI or wait till June, 2021 to fulfill the 6 month period due for completion of the course criteria. Thank You
Wait until you get the degree.

Sent from my LM-K410 using Tapatalk

Hello Community,

Reason for delay-

Hi GBSINGH - what docs did you provide with respect to your nominator. How about his profile....like was he your manager or colleague....thanks in advance.

Hello Community,

Reason for delay-

Great.. Congratulations..

Hi Everyone, I am working as an associate director in a Big4 consulting firm in energy domain. I am part of high impact international projects mostly funded by leading development banks. Most of the projects are long term and ongoing. In such a case How can I showcase my experience and credentials? Because getting a recommendation letter from these agencies before project completion is extremely difficult.
Would a letter from my director mentioning my association with these projects be suffice? Any other way to highlight?

I will request your expert opinion pl.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

I have 16+ years of experience in IT with major exposure in infrastructure, operational acceptance, Cloud Equinix. Worked on multiple complex projects in infrastructure for leading bank in Australia.
Looking for inputs if anyone has worked on Infrastructure, AWS & DevOps and applied for Global Talent Visa. Thanks.
What's your current salary?

7,641 - 7,660 of 12,948 Posts