Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
2721 - 2740 of 10813 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi Guys,

I have submitted EOI early June, and haven't received anything until now, does it mean that I have very low chance?

Cheers,
I submitted on 8th June and contacted Immigration staff and they just said yes I could update more papers/achievements but then nothing happened after that. I don't know why we had to wait too long for the applications since June.

Note: I am onshore applicant.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Seems like they are doing it my monthly basis.
Also different applications goes to fifferent CO. might be a delay becz of this. But all of these are assumption guys.

My question is .
1. As I heared of 5000 applicant. Did anyone have exact or rough figures that how many filled so far.
2. My CO is from Singapore who dont reply me back after asking some initial questions again which I submit during my EOI submission.

I am phd from Malaysia and working as a lecturer.
Is it good to contact CO again.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Seems like they are doing it my monthly basis.
Also different applications goes to fifferent CO. might be a delay becz of this. But all of these are assumption guys.

My question is .
1. As I heared of 5000 applicant. Did anyone have exact or rough figures that how many filled so far.
The Department of Home Affairs did release some figures a couple of times, but their presentation of data were rather uneven and hard to analyse. To make things even more complicated, the figures they provided usually include BOTH primary and secondary applicants.

Anyway, I've tabulated this information in a spreadsheet.

·
Registered
136 Posts
The Department of Home Affairs did release some figures a couple of times, but their presentation of data were rather uneven and hard to analyse. To make things even more complicated, the figures they provided usually include BOTH primary and secondary applicants.

Anyway, I've tabulated this information in a spreadsheet.
Even if it is 5,000 for this year. Will the applicants from the last year be considered for the next year (in case quota of 5,000 is already fulfilled for this year?) Just curious.

Btw... guys, please keep updating us if you received a UID after applying in June.

·
Registered
77 Posts
[/URL].
I have been trying to read through forum but getting lost here and there ...
I also found official info from department of home affairs...
Did the number of 5000 restart on 1st of July (assuming there will be 5000 allocated this year as the previous one)? Does 5000 include all the applicants or just the number of invitations?

Another question. I just had a look and wanted to book medicals (we are waiting for invitation, but we might need to apply for another visa and because it's valid for 1 year I was thinking to have it ready) and they suspended Hap ID generator? Anyone done it with BUPA before hand after April this year? We can select exams we need. The reason I am asking is, in Sydney, they are booking for end of October now :/

·
Registered
319 Posts
I think everything will speed up after 06 October (date of budget announcement). Until then, they might issue small number of UIDs. There are several post-budget possibilities (these are my thoughts, no reference).

1. they may close the GTI program as it's a pilot program (highly unlikely though), then we all waiting for UID might get refusal e-mails
2. allocate more numbers for 2020-21 (5000, less or more) and/or re-shape the program (new criteria), then they may utilise the existing EOIs
3. continue the program until 5000 quota is filled (nobody knows how many are left)

·
Registered
22 Posts
Also. Like another guy named GTI. i also recieved email from Singapore office. Provide all the detail but after that no reply.
This long waot really make me frustrated and no one have exact wprds to say.

Rest how people from chemical and biological background got UID. i saw many people.on this forum not having a major listed in the GTI program

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi All,

I applied for 858 Visa yesterday, I got "s56 Request for More Information" asking about AU police certificate to have additional name and Health examination which i will provide in couple of weeks.

Question : can CO ask for more information post that or this is pretty much it. i mean after i give what is required, is CO going to approve or still assess application further.

Thanks
Kanaiya

·
Registered
136 Posts
Hi All,

I applied for 858 Visa yesterday, I got "s56 Request for More Information" asking about AU police certificate to have additional name and Health examination which i will provide in couple of weeks.

Question : can CO ask for more information post that or this is pretty much it. i mean after i give what is required, is CO going to approve or still assess application further.

Thanks
Kanaiya
That should be about it. My friend also got request for the same documents and nothing after that. All the best.

Btw, when did you lodge your EOI?

·
Registered
36 Posts
I just got my UID on the 26th August, after almost 2.5 months of waiting (submitted my EOI on the 4th of June - Onshore). Don't give up hope, if your profile is strong then hopefully you should get some response in the coming weeks!
congratulations... your good news is a hope for others

·
Premium Member
117 Posts
To add more to the speculation going on here about the future of this program

Population Minister Alan Tudge on Friday cautioned growth was likely to be lower for longer, with the government now set to focus on attracting "job-making migrants" to help rebuild the economy.

Its from here https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...it-from-coronavirus-20200828-p55qbl.html?btis

Since the GTI program would attract more such candidates, I foresee the Govt actually expanding this program.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
237 Posts
To add more to the speculation going on here about the future of this program

Population Minister Alan Tudge on Friday cautioned growth was likely to be lower for longer, with the government now set to focus on attracting "job-making migrants" to help rebuild the economy.

Its from here https://www.smh.com.au/politics/fed...it-from-coronavirus-20200828-p55qbl.html?btis

Since the GTI program would attract more such candidates, I foresee the Govt actually expanding this program.

Sent from my SM-G965U1 using Tapatalk

My thoughts. I believe 124 & 858 are here to stay, but they will update them to sieve out PhDs. Seems its taking in more PhDs than they anticipated. In my opinion, PhDs are not really distinguished talent. ...... just saying..

·
Registered
319 Posts
My thoughts. I believe 124 & 858 are here to stay, but they will update them to sieve out PhDs. Seems its taking in more PhDs than they anticipated. In my opinion, PhDs are not really distinguished talent. ...... just saying..
If Sarah Gilbert (PhD) sees this, she would stop making COVID-19 vaccine immediately.

2721 - 2740 of 10813 Posts