Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 20 of 5501 Posts

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems a new visa launched yesterday for high skilled person eligible to earn likely $149,000 in 7 fields: AgTech, FinTech, MedTech, Cyber Security, Energy and Mining, Space and Advanced Manufacturing, and Quantum Information/Advanced Digital/ Data Science and ICT.

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au...9x9HIlXiwZ9CtVopTltFCKohXcSsskSVaE-NUnvCeLflo

Anyone has more information on it. How can we apply? what is the process?

·
Registered
3,650 Posts
You have to be referred to the program - https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...-innovation/global-talent-independent-program

"How to apply
Access to the program will be via a referral from either:

-a Global Talent Officer
-an organisation or an individual with a national reputation in the same field as the candidate

Highly skilled professionals referred to the Department may be invited to apply for a Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 124 or subclass 858).

Use our Global Talent contact form to refer a highly skilled individual at the top of their field to the Global Talent Independent program (to receive a global talent unique identifier), or to lodge a Distinguished Talent visa application through the Global Talent Independent program (you will need a global talent unique identifier)"

Reactions: Techno007

·
Registered
21,854 Posts
It seems a new visa launched yesterday for high skilled person eligible to earn likely $149,000 in 7 fields: AgTech, FinTech, MedTech, Cyber Security, Energy and Mining, Space and Advanced Manufacturing, and Quantum Information/Advanced Digital/ Data Science and ICT.

https://minister.homeaffairs.gov.au...9x9HIlXiwZ9CtVopTltFCKohXcSsskSVaE-NUnvCeLflo

I don’t think anybody eligible for this visa will be on the forum

How to apply
Access to the program will be via a referral from either:
a Global Talent Officer
an organisation or an individual with a national reputation in the same field as the candidate
Highly skilled professionals referred to the Department may be invited to apply for a Distinguished Talent visa (subclass 124 or subclass 858).
Use our Global Talent contact form:
to refer a highly skilled individual at the top of their field to the Global Talent Independent program (to receive a global talent unique identifier), or
to lodge a Distinguished Talent visa application through the Global Talent Independent program (you will need a global talent unique identifier)

https://immi.homeaffairs.gov.au/vis...-innovation/global-talent-independent-program

Cheers

·
Registered
489 Posts

Honestly I don't think anyone on this forum is eligible for this program. The bar is really high. Each applicant will have a specific global talent officer to assess their eligibility.

People who would be eligible for this stream either don't care about Aus PR or don't need to worry about "where to live".

Cheers,

·
Registered
166 Posts
This looks interesting.
"Our Global Talent Officers are located in Berlin, Dubai, Santiago, Shanghai, Singapore, and Washington DC. They work across a number of countries in their region, and attend key industry events and expos to promote the program."

But they haven't mentioned who are these officers, how to contact them or any other information.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I don’t think anybody eligible for this visa will be on the forum

Honestly I don't think anyone on this forum is eligible for this program. The bar is really high. Each applicant will have a specific global talent officer to assess their eligibility.

People who would be eligible for this stream either don't care about Aus PR or don't need to worry about "where to live".

Cheers,

I woudln't say say there's no one on this forum not eligible for this.

Let's not jump to conclusions without even looking at the requirements.

Earlier, I've read one thread where the OP claimed to have produced 8 patents during their PhD and an invention that resulted in a revenue of 6.04 million USD.

https://www.expatforum.com/expats/a...ralia/1380178-phd-assessment-other-rants.html

·
Registered
489 Posts

Earlier, I've read one thread where the OP claimed to have produced 8 patents during their PhD and an invention that resulted in a revenue of 6.04 million USD.

https://www.expatforum.com/expats/a...ralia/1380178-phd-assessment-other-rants.html
Sorry but I don't think you understand how high the bar is. There is an existing Distinguished Talent visa and this one is called the Global Talent visa. They are different and the global talent visa has a much higher requirements.

A successful PhD graduate could hardly meet the criteria. His supervisor does maybe.

Of course the details are not disclosed yet.

Cheers,

·
Registered
4 Posts
Sorry but I don't think you understand how high the bar is. There is an existing Distinguished Talent visa and this one is called the Global Talent visa. They are different and the global talent visa has a much higher requirements.

A successful PhD graduate could hardly meet the criteria. His supervisor does maybe.

Of course the details are not disclosed yet.

Cheers,

I agree with JennyWang. That guy you mentioned is outstanding undoubtedly, however, to the best of my knowledge, it is still hard for him in finding a tenured position, even lecturer, in Aus top universities.

I believe that this visa is aiming for those people who have established fame in the related fields. For academic area, I think it should be at least professor level.

Cheers.

·
Registered
21,854 Posts

If he was so distinguished, he would not waste time on the forum on how to process his visa application
He would engage a highly professional Mara agency and be done with it
For him his time is much more valuable then saving a few thousand dollars in Mara fees

The forum is meant for those who can spend considerable time in understanding the process and so save the Mara agent fees

Cheers

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I think someone was mentioning about cyber security few weeks back. May be a good opportunity for him/ her. However it's true that salary bar is quite high. and it is not clearly mentioned what does mean by 'Highly Skilled' and how to prove someone is highly skilled.

·
Registered
78 Posts
If he was so distinguished, he would not waste time on the forum on how to process his visa application
He would engage a highly professional Mara agency and be done with it
For him his time is much more valuable then saving a few thousand dollars in Mara fees

The forum is meant for those who can spend considerable time in understanding the process and so save the Mara agent fees

Cheers
Before joining this forum, I knew neither who/what a MARA agent was nor their existence. I don't think this forum is a waste of time. It's a starting point for many people.

I'm on this forum not to avoid Mara fee. I'd have paid for their service if it was not for the fact that I discovered about the existance of Mara agents quite late.

I came across this forum by simply searching for some migration-related information on Google. I believe there is no way to prove that professors or highly talented people could not possibly have come here.

·
Registered
21,854 Posts
I think someone was mentioning about cyber security few weeks back. May be a good opportunity for him/ her. However it's true that salary bar is quite high. and it is not clearly mentioned what does mean by 'Highly Skilled' and how to prove someone is highly skilled.
The members can stand at the side of the rope and cheer as the invites walk past you on the red carpet

Cheers

·
Registered
510 Posts
Before joining this forum, I knew neither who/what a MARA agent was nor their existence. I don't think this forum is a waste of time. It's a starting point for many people.

I'm on this forum not to avoid Mara fee. I'd have paid for their service if it was not for the fact that I discovered about the existance of Mara agents quite late.

I came across this forum by simply searching for some migration-related information on Google. I believe there is no way to prove that professors or highly talented people could not possibly have come here.
I agree. I am not sure how much money does a MARA agent charges, but my consultant in India ha a rack rate of close to AUD2,000 which I negotiated downwards and gave a one time payment to his company. However, I became regular to this forum and learnt about the right time to do the right thing more than general immigration advice. Everyone knows points, EoI and invite++ But South Australia 489 will come and go in first 4 days of July, whether to invest in wife's skill assessment for another 5 points for NSW 190 and blah blah.. those kind of questions were asked here and decided based on responses and research. I took over my PR process from my agent and I feel more confident now.

So I agree that this forum is useful for a guy who is a plumber, electrician, PhD, IT engineer or whoever. Anyways Oz is a place where everyone gets treated equally (almost)

:focus:

·
Registered
9 Posts
My husband submitted an EOI (visa 189 - occupation 242111) in SkillSelect and because of that he got an email to register an interest for the Global Talent visa program. He didn't pursue because the requirements are hard to meet.

"To be accepted into the Global Talent Independent program, individuals must:
-be internationally recognised in one of the target sectors (this may include: peer reviewed publications; patents; professional experience across different countries; presentations at international conferences; awards from international organisations etc.)
-have a nationally recognised organisation or individual in Australia in the same field as them, endorse their credentials
-be able to demonstrate a genuine ability to attract or exceed the Fair Work High Income Threshold in Australia (currently AUD $148,700)"

·
Registered
510 Posts
My husband submitted an EOI (visa 189 - occupation 242111) in SkillSelect and because of that he got an email to register an interest for the Global Talent visa program. He didn't pursue because the requirements are hard to meet.

-be internationally recognised in one of the target sectors (this may include: peer reviewed publications; patents; professional experience across different countries; presentations at international conferences; awards from international organisations etc.)
-have a nationally recognised organisation or individual in Australia in the same field as them, endorse their credentials
-be able to demonstrate a genuine ability to attract or exceed the Fair Work High Income Threshold in Australia (currently AUD $148,700)"
Point 2 and 3 are doable. Point 1 is tough and also quite grey. For example, a Director in a Big4 will meet point 2 and 3, but there is no way to get 1 sorted

·
Registered
268 Posts

Can you provide the email address from where you get the above email?
Thanks.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #17

Thanks for reply. I was actually looking for the first criteria. point 2 & 3 was clear & achievable. But point no 1 is hard to meet or also not sure how can we prove or claim points. Can you please share the email ID from where you have received the email.

·
Registered
21,854 Posts
Thanks for reply. I was actually looking for the first criteria. point 2 & 3 was clear & achievable. But point no 1 is hard to meet or also not sure how can we prove or claim points. Can you please share the email ID from where you have received the email.
There is no ambiguity or difficulty in proving point 1
They have made it very clear what they want

peer reviewed publications;
patents;
professional experience across different countries;
presentations at international conferences;
awards from international organisations

What’s the doubt ?

Cheers

·
Registered
268 Posts

patents;

What’s the doubt ?

Cheers
Any idea how to contact the global talent officers located in various regions?

TiA

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tapatalk

·
Registered
137 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

patents;

What’s the doubt ?

Cheers
Doubt is in terms of quantity. For example - publication or patent - is there any min quantity to qualify? like I heard for some visa they mentioned min 7 patents.
prof exp across diff country - most people working in IT will have it. But does that qualifies them?
Presentation at international conf - that is also not so difficult for people who works in big companies like SAP, IBM, Microsoft. But presenting in some Tech conferences/ webinars - does it really qualifies them?
Award from international org - what qualifies as International organisation here? Is it something like ACS, EA etc organisation's annual award - like 'ICT Professional of the Year' or a simple client recognition award like 'Best Service provider' etc etc..

1 - 20 of 5501 Posts