Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey there Peeps,

Happy Fall!! :). Hope y'all are doing well and binging on them PSLs :D. Just had a quick question regarding Global Entry. I am a dual Indian Australian Citizen (i.e. Australian with OCI) currently in the US on a B1 visa for my medical clerkship. This does require me to travel back and forth outside of the US. I was wondering if I am eligible to sign up to Global entry as an OCI (AFAIK Indian citizens are currently eligible for the GE program)?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,370 Posts
Do I understand this correctly - you are working an internship in the US on B1 and want Global Entry based on AUS citizenship as dual AUS//Indian?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Do I understand this correctly - you are working an internship in the US on B1 and want Global Entry based on AUS citizenship as dual AUS//Indian?
Well I was truing to get Global Entry based on the Indian citizenship as a Dual Aus/Ind citizen. GE is not available for Aussies just yet. Thanks very much for helping me out :)

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not sure why you keep referring to you dual citizenship. You're Indian. Indians can be eligible for Global Entry.

I'm Australian. I have Global Entry.
Dual citizenship with India doesnt quite work like that. What is referred to as dual citizenship in India is a registration card saying you are an Overseas citizen of India, a status which for all practical purposes has the same benefits as Indian citizenship (except for voting rights and the right to hold agricultural property). I dont have an indian passport however. I am required to travel on my aussie passport and then when I go back to India present my OCI registration card which then allows me an indefinite stay.

Also I suspect you may have global entry through any other citizenship you may have. US CBP clearly mentions Aussies are not eligible for GE.

https://www.cbp.gov/travel/trusted-...alia/australian-citizens#wcm-survey-target-id

·
Registered
2,100 Posts
I didn't realise that, thanks for explaining. I assumed that as a dual citizen you had two passports.

I have global entry with regard to my Australian passport. I am a permanent resident of the US.

·
Registered
451 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I didn't realise that, thanks for explaining. I assumed that as a dual citizen you had two passports.

I have global entry with regard to my Australian passport. I am a permanent resident of the US.
Yeah that makes sense. US legal permanent residents regardless of their primary nationality are eligible for GE.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts