Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was booked for an appt tomorrow at the Glasgow PSC in the morning. Have just been called and my appt has been cancelled. Apparently, they are having IT problems plus problems with the biometrics. The problem won't be fixed this week.

I have been rescheduled to appear next Monday now. I've been so stressed about this appt and was looking forward to hopefully being finished tomorrow.

So if anybody else has an appt. in Glasgow this week expect a phone call.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Now, that is SO frustrating! I hope this week goes quickly for you.
Thanks for your empathy.

Think I'm going to be in trouble with the mods. I had wanted to post the exact wording for others but couldn't find my original post to edit. So posted another topic with the paste of message from home office.. Very sorry mods for double posting :(

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
This is the exact wording from home office.

" ... Please do not attend your appointment tomorrow. A major IT failure means we will be unable to fulfil your appointment tomorrow.

We would like to reschedule your appointment to next week. Please advise a suitable date and approximate time between Monday 30 October and Friday 3 November. ... "

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. "

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
I’ve just read on another forum that Croydon PSC is also down and the poster was concerned that he/she will need to update financial documents for the new appointment. That seems ridiculous to me as the postponement is purely due to HO. However, that poster is being advised to update documents just in case they are outside the 28 day rule on the day of the new appointment.

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
When I phoned the number I was given I spoke to a very nice man named Chris. He never mentioned anything to me about updating my bank statements. He just apologised for cancelling my appointment.

I'm scheduled for Monday and was offered quite a few times available still on Monday. So perhaps the Croydn person won't have to wait too long for their new appointment.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I had the same happening to me regarding my apt in Sheffield. However, I didnt got a reply with options for new dates

They told me because it was their mistake, they would look at the older than 28 days documents as if they were in date. However, i will update the documents as much as i can to avoid any problems because apparently Croydon will not accept out of date documents.

In any case, im still expecting a reply from them with the new possible apt dates. Trouble is that my husband will travel because of work for two weeks and i can only book it when he comes back, we live quite far away from Sheffield and I need someone to drive me there with all the heavy documents bundle =[ we booked our apt for this week so we could sort this before his being sent away for work, but now we are looking for almost a full delay on our application [at least] =/

·
Registered
472 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi Lathorne,
Sorry to read you also have been affected by the IT problems at Home Office.

I was phoned and was out at the time so never answered the initial call from HO to cancel, but they sent me an email saying sorry they weren't able to reach me by phone and to please either call them back or email them. So I called them back. While Chris had me on the line he just asked me what day would be best for me and told me all the times that were available on that day. There were a lot of times available as well.

Were you not given a phone number to call to set up a new appointment?
I never enquired about my stamped bank statements as they were going to be fine if I go on Monday. If I had gone today, I would be all finished now and know the outcome :(
Oh well .... I'm not alone in this situation.

Good luck with your appointment getting sorted and all the best with the actual decision to be made.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi Lathorne,
Sorry to read you also have been affected by the IT problems at Home Office.

I was phoned and was out at the time so never answered the initial call from HO to cancel, but they sent me an email saying sorry they weren't able to reach me by phone and to please either call them back or email them. So I called them back. While Chris had me on the line he just asked me what day would be best for me and told me all the times that were available on that day. There were a lot of times available as well.

Were you not given a phone number to call to set up a new appointment?
I never enquired about my stamped bank statements as they were going to be fine if I go on Monday. If I had gone today, I would be all finished now and know the outcome :(
Oh well .... I'm not alone in this situation.

Good luck with your appointment getting sorted and all the best with the actual decision to be made.
I was able to answer the call on last monday and they told me they would get back to me tuesday [yesterday] to provide new dates for my appointment. However, yesterday i got an email saying that due to the issues they cant reschedule my appointment because of the system and that i should except another contact from them on the following days.

I see that you and another person from Croydon were able to rebook the appointment already, however i still got no reply. Just emailed them back asking if theres any updates and got no reply so far. Im really worried about the documents not being on the 28 days rule and the fact that my husband will go away for work this saturday for two weeks and i cant go to the appointment without him. =/ my actual visa also expires on december so i wanted to get this sorted as soon as possible.

They didnt provided me with any phone number to call or anything, and also didnt replied my email... so im really worried now and stressed. Our actual bank statements are now older than 28 days and the already stamped and bank letter as well. I need my husband in the country to be able to get new stamps on his statement and i dont know if i can still use the previous stamped documents because the stamped and the documents dates are also older than 28 days. Does the date on the stamp of the banks statements also matter? Im super stressed and please update us on your apt on Monday. Hope it all goes well

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.