Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Friends,

I got my Skilled PR in Jan 2014, made my initial entry to Perth in Oct 2014 & came back. I will go back to Australia in near future & give birth to a child (move to Australia during the 08th or 9th month of Pregnancy & come back).

1. Do anyone of you have similar type of experience?
2. I had made Medicare card for my family upon my initial entry. Will it help me?
3. How much would be the delivery cost (approx.)?

Give me any other information also if you have for me please.

Regards,

Mirza

·
Super Moderator
3,447 Posts
If you give birth at a public hospital, all hospital costs will be covered by Medicare. Any outpatient care - blood tests, scans, ultrasounds, doctor's visits etc. - will be partially covered by Medicare but you will be responsible for paying part of the cost in most cases. If you decide to go to a private hospital, you will need to pay the full cost unless you have private health cover.

·
Registered
82 Posts
I will go back to Australia in near future & give birth to a child (move to Australia during the 08th or 9th month of Pregnancy & come back).
I was wandering if it is safe to travel by plane in such a late state of a pregnancy(8-th 9-th month). I read somewhere that some airlines do not permit for pregnant women(after 27th week of their pregnancy) to travel. Does anybody have more up to date information about this mater?

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I was wandering if it is safe to travel by plane in such a late state of a pregnancy(8-th 9-th month). I read somewhere that some airlines do not permit for pregnant women(after 27th week of their pregnancy) to travel. Does anybody have more up to date information about this mater?
You heard right...airlines wont allow to travel in 8th or 9th month....

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
It will depend on the airline what their cut-off time during pregnancy will be. It's best to check before making any travel plans.

·
Registered
240 Posts
My daugfter went on an internal flight when about 7 months pregnant. She had to show a doctor's letter giving her permission to fly. Be warned that Australia is a very risk adverse and safety conscious country. My friend went into labour at 26 weeks on an internal flight; was airlifted to Townsville and fortunately the baby survived and eventually thrived. But she had to relocate there to Townsville for three months as there was no way they would let the premmie baby be moved back to Sydney any sooner. It was a very traumatic time for her.
You will need to decide where you are going to give birth and book in.

·
Super Moderator
1,721 Posts
1: 8 or 9 month is too late for travel and registration with the public hospital. Ideally you should be here in your 20th week so that you get familiar with all the procedures and get timely check up etc.

2: I don't know how you got Medicare card on your initial entry visit. Anyway, you can check the validity on your card, if its still valid then that should work in any public hospital without any problem.

3: Delivery is free of cost in all public hospital, but there are few times when you have to pay for Ultra Sound, other test or GP fees.

Girl Aussie

Hello Friends,

I got my Skilled PR in Jan 2014, made my initial entry to Perth in Oct 2014 & came back. I will go back to Australia in near future & give birth to a child (move to Australia during the 08th or 9th month of Pregnancy & come back).

1. Do anyone of you have similar type of experience?
2. I had made Medicare card for my family upon my initial entry. Will it help me?
3. How much would be the delivery cost (approx.)?

Give me any other information also if you have for me please.

Regards,

Mirza

1 - 7 of 7 Posts