Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
anyone been getting (obvious) scam callers claiming to be from etsalat and saying you've won 100,000aed?

I just had such a call from a mobile number in a heavy indian accent. I hung up, then decided to give him some of his own medicine. I called him and in my best Peter Sellers english said that he's won 100,000aed and to give me his address so that the police can deliver to him personally. Needless to say he hung up pronto!

Go on, call the #"$%^&* and put the frighteners on him before someone does fall his scam, the number was xxxxxxxxxx

·
Registered
143 Posts
lool ,

I didnt get a call , but i receive 2 sms's one from a "Frence Number " and an other "English Number "

some other were around as well ,By Email , something like help me get out the 10000000$ and you get 10% and bla bla bla ,

and the worst that some peole do beleive its true !!!!

Tc

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
no answer :(

·
Registered
5,195 Posts
this must have been what happened to me yesterday. I got a phonecall from a mobile number, also heavy indian accent, saying they called from the etisalat call center (from a mobile, aha), but I could not understand anything he was saying. I kept asking who is this and what do you need an he just kept blabbing and ordered me to call him back on this number (hilarious little man). Fortunately they did not call back.

Manaj, did you recently place an ad or a classified in Dubizzle, etc? I did and I am thinking that is how they got my number...

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
this must have been what happened to me yesterday. I got a phonecall from a mobile number, also heavy indian accent, saying they called from the etisalat call center (from a mobile, aha), but I could not understand anything he was saying. I kept asking who is this and what do you need an he just kept blabbing and ordered me to call him back on this number (hilarious little man). Fortunately they did not call back.

Manaj, did you recently place an ad or a classified in Dubizzle, etc? I did and I am thinking that is how they got my number...
hi dizzyizzy, no I don't have a current dubbizle ad, I was wondering how he got my number too. Maybe works there and got hold of some numbers. Or just plain old random 'cold' calling. Maybe I shoulda just played along and waste his phone credit.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
lool ,

I didnt get a call , but i receive 2 sms's one from a "Frence Number " and an other "English Number "

some other were around as well ,By Email , something like help me get out the 10000000$ and you get 10% and bla bla bla ,

and the worst that some peole do beleive its true !!!!

Tc
yup, I remember the '....help me get out the 10000000$ ....' email scam back in uk, usualy along the lines 'Dearest long lost friend, I am chief so and so exiled from nigeria and have x million in the bank, help me get it out....'

·
Registered
72 Posts
I'm still waiting for my 1000000000$ from my good friend from Lagos, son of a the king of Nigeria to give me the money he inhereted after his father was shot by one of the warlords there. Poor guy didn't know where to go with the money so I volunteered with my bank account.

·
Registered
1,111 Posts
its a 056 number as well LOL - thats from DU !! haha what a knob..

·
Registered
143 Posts
so true !! i guess we all heard about it , now the method they get the numbers ,! i guess throught yellow Papers ,

guys my advice dont get into any kind of "fishi stories " like that , its always pain in the A####

TC ,

·
Registered
8,891 Posts
Personally, with any scammer that calls me, I act very interested for a min, then I say, oh someone is at my door, hold on. I come back every 30 seconds or so, and talk and then say hold on. :D It usually works wasting their time for 4 or 5 minutes at least :) And I get a laugh out of it!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.