Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wedding is coming up and I was wondering what kinds of little gifts are common to give wedding guests at a French wedding? Sugar-coated almonds? Would that be enough? I would like to do whatever is simplest and easiest. (It will be a civil ceremony followed by a nice lunch with about 40 people. Very simple and small.) Thanks for any advice! I don't want to overdo it or underdo it. :)

·
Administrator
50,843 Posts
The sugar coated almonds (dragees) are the traditional thing. These days some folks like to add those "do it yourself" M&M's with the names of the happy couple or something. (The neighbor tells me there is a site online where you can order those.)

But no, you're not expected to fork out for major gifts for the guests. Have fun!
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
4,909 Posts
agree with Bev. we went to wedding recently...grandson marrying Morrocan girl. gift was a small, pretty bag of morrocan sweets...ummmmmmmmw!

have a lovely wedding....DejW

The sugar coated almonds (dragees) are the traditional thing. These days some folks like to add those "do it yourself" M&M's with the names of the happy couple or something. (The neighbor tells me there is a site online where you can order those.)

But no, you're not expected to fork out for major gifts for the guests. Have fun!
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
I went to a wedding where each guest received a lottery ticket. :fingerscrossed:

Added a little interest to the evening "do". :yo:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts