Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, yes its me again. :confused2: sill confused...

So this is the deal. My visa application was rejected. I have applied in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina, but since the British Embassy in Bosnia and Herzegovina doesn't do visa business anymore, TLScontact company has sent it to British Embassy in Poland.

Now, I am trying to get my paperwork back, the one I gave them when I applied since I would like to reapply in a month or two, basically by the end of this year, and some of the documents I need (like property inspection report, original utility bills) are still in their possession. Also, if you would be so kind to tell me (if someone knows) will I be able to use property inspection report again, if I reapply by the end of this year, since its dating April this year.

Who ever I contacted up till now (including Embassy in Poland) I had no luck with getting any kind of answer regarding this. I was wondering if maybe someone here had same/similar problems and could help out. And do they do these things at all, I mean giving paperwork back? All I got with my refusal is part of financial documents, and my English Test certificate.

Thanks to all guys, your support is really helping a lot! :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Did you provide them with copies of the documents as well as the originals?

I believe if you did not provide copies they are not obliged to return the originals, I think it says so as a part of the application.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are asking specificly for original documents. Why would I send a copy along with originals then? This is so confusing and frustrating :(

·
Registered
40 Posts
I have read a number of posts on here and other forums that when submitting an application you should submit both the originals and copies because somewhere it states that if you do not provide copies it is not guaranteed that originals will be returned to you. Therefore if you want the originals returned (ie just in case your application is rejected) then you should copy everything and submit both original and copy

I have not made an application yet myself as I am preparing for it for next year so I only have the experience of others and my research.

I spent 30 minutes trying to do some internet research for you to find where this is stipulated but I was unable to find it, it might be a part of the online application process. I did find this:

'UKBA' said

For every document that you provide, you must include the original document and a photocopy. This includes a copy of your passport bio-data page (the page containing your photograph). Please ensure that the photocopies are of good quality and can be read easily. If you do not provide a photocopy of each document, we might not return your original documents to you.

But it doesn't say where that quote comes from.

Sorry I can't be more help.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you for your help :) I have been researching all this for over a year before applying and in the end it looks like none of it helped. I have been applying for many visas in the past, for different countries, but I never came across such a unclear and confusing statemenst of required documents as UKVI. Good luck with your application and thanks once more :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
I know the UKVI process is not really very well explained on the govt website, I am glad that I started my research so early and can see what others have been through. I feel sorry that you have had such a frustrating time.

I wish you the best of luck if you apply again.

May I ask why you were rejected, what visa you were applying for?

·
Registered
40 Posts
BY the way, the company who did the inspection would probably be able to provide you with a copy of the report again at little or no cost as they have already done the work.

Also utility bills, better that they are recent I guess so they should be available monthly or the utility company might be able to reproduce them for for you etc.

What other documents do you need?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was applying for fiance visa. I got rejected on 3 basis: 1. Provided "no evidence" of plans to get married (even tho I sent them letter from council saying we are planning to get married in UK with date and place where ceremony is gonna take place, confirmation from council we paid for it, dress and ring bills...) 2. Financial documents were not complete (they stated I provided payslips and bank slips for 10 months even tho I provided for 12 months (11 from old job and 1 from new job) . They said those are the only documents i provided even tho i had letter from old employer along and new contract. Appears i was only missing letter from new employer. I also provided them with P60.) 3. My english test wasnt valid anymore. That was my own fault for thinking my english test certificate is valid for 2 years as they staded when i got it.
So obviously no point to appeal based on third point.
I am just worried how can they say i didnt provide something i did? How can i prove next time i sent the documents i did? What stops them from saying next time i didnt send something i did?
I hope ur have more luck than me cause it seems thats the most importan factor. Luck.

·
Registered
40 Posts
I can't offer much advice on the fiancee visa as my research is on Spouse application.

Has anyone on here been able to give suggestions based on your refusal?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yes. Guys were really helpful. They all said same: no point appealing since I didnt send letter from new employer and my english test was not valid.
I think I will ask for written confirmation of each and single document I am giving away next time. This time I only had piece of paper stating I am sending "documents".
We are planning to get married soon here in Bosnia and Herzegovina and then reapply. I just hope when I send marriage certificat they dont refuse my application with something as "no evidence".

·
Registered
40 Posts
Ok so you r next application will be as spouse visa.

If you will be applying as Cat A for sponsorship I have some knowledge of what is required.

Your partner will need to have been employed for a min of 6 months by same employer at time of application (for Cat A) and will need to provide 6 months payslips and statements.

You probably know that?

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Yes. Dont forget original bank statements for those months too (for both not older than 28 days up till online application), contract of employment and letter from employer, p60 as well.
But how can they say "u provided no evidence" for xxx when i did? How can that be happening? That is my biggest concern.

·
Registered
40 Posts
P60 is not needed, it doesn't provide the proof even if it was issued as recently as the same month.

There are no guarantees I guess.

You will need to provide proof of relationship, housing suitability etc.

Bank statements will need to be originals or stamped and signed copies

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Well at the time I was told I need P60 so id rather send something extra then get refusal again.
I know all that cause fiancee and spouse visa are really similar, the only difference between those 2 is that you need marriage certificate and i needed proof of plans to get married. Dont mind me if i try to contact you on private in case I need some advice, cause it seems to me you done your homework. I thought I done mine too... Thanks once more :)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Well at the time I was told I need P60 so id rather send something extra then get refusal again.
I know all that cause fiancee and spouse visa are really similar, the only difference between those 2 is that you need marriage certificate and i needed proof of plans to get married. Dont mind me if i try to contact you on private in case I need some advice, cause it seems to me you done your homework. I thought I done mine too... Thanks once more :)
Yeah I have done quite a bit of research for Cat A spouse visa and I think I know what is required but it's no guarantee.

By all means contact me on PM and I will provide you with the information I have and what I think you need, I have a word document I put together as a reminder for myself and I would happily provide you with that.

Contact me anytime I am happy to help, but please know that I am no expert. I can point you at a couple of online blogger sites of people who have made applications too.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well ofc. All we can do is help eachother. Just make sure to check all once more on gov.uk before applying (which i havent done sadly) since the changes are being made on daily basis. Goodluck :)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hi Lasanja,

Where and when did you do your IELTS? Why they didn't accept it?

I would of have sent you a private message but that option is locked for me, still :)

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Hello there. My first test was taken in Sarajevo, Bosnia and Herzegovina at the British Council (Cambridge English Entry Level Certificate ESOL International Entry 3 Key -B1). It was the test that was needed for visa and certificate was valid for 2 years. I took it in Decembet 2014 which means the certificate is still valid, but not for UK visas. UKVI changed it so that test isnt valid anymore, so after my visa was refused I had to go back to British Council to take A1 IELTS which is obviously lower level of english and its 4 times more money for some reason.... Doesnt make much sense I know. I was pretty pissed off that they turned around one day and said ok these tests are not valid anymore, you need to take another test.... Like I have money growing on tree :joy: Hope I helped you. :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.