Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello guys,

My name is Muhammad. Me and my wife are finally and hopefully lodging the visa tomorrow inshAllah. However, we still haven't got our medicals and PCC done. Our PCC is on its way whereas for the medical we don't know much about it. We are from Karachi, Pakistan and if anyone can share their experience with regards to booking an appointment, what exactly happens, the charges, how to update DIBP about it, how long does it take for the outcome and updating the status at DIBP and any other relevant information. It will be highly appreciated :)

Regards

Muhammad.

·
Registered
22 Posts
The Medical is really very straight forward. Once you email them for an appointment they will write back with the date, time and things you need to carry which will include your HAP ID's (issued once you make your visa payments online), a valid Polio certificate and cash for your medicals and x-rays (exact amount will be mentioned in email).

The medical itself consists of X-rays, eye sight test, a urine sample, blood sample and a physical examination (very cursory). Once completed they will upload the results of your examination directly against your HAP ID's to your DIBP visa page. You won't even know what the outcome was and neither will they share it with you.

Thats about it. Hope it was helpful.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The Medical is really very straight forward. Once you email them for an appointment they will write back with the date, time and things you need to carry which will include your HAP ID's (issued once you make your visa payments online), a valid Polio certificate and cash for your medicals and x-rays (exact amount will be mentioned in email).

The medical itself consists of X-rays, eye sight test, a urine sample, blood sample and a physical examination (very cursory). Once completed they will upload the results of your examination directly against your HAP ID's to your DIBP visa page. You won't even know what the outcome was and neither will they share it with you.

Thats about it. Hope it was helpful.
Hey Annie,

Thank you so very much for being explicit in your response. Based on your answer, I have few questions and will appreciate if you can answer them please. I have paid the visa fee yesterday for me and my wife (the main applicant) but we didn't came across any HAP ID? Will it be emailed or does it show into our immi account? With regards to Polio, will they inject us and then issue the certificate or do we need to do that beforehand. Can we see the outcome once they upload it on our HAP ID and how long do they take to upload it on our HAP ID? Roughly how much were you charged as a single candidate?

Thanks & Regards

Muhammad

·
Registered
78 Posts
yes your HAP ID will be generated from your immi account, you should check your immi account and generate your HAP ID from it..then print this referal letter and form 26 & 160(available on www.immi.gov.au in forms & booklets section) and take with you to medical center.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Whats up with the Polio thing? Any idea about the estimated cost?

·
Registered
78 Posts
Polio vaccination has been made mandatory by WHO for persons living in countries including pakistan for 28 days or more after 5 May 2014.

Well what I have heard from people is that there is no cost for polio vaccination.

Since you are in pakistan, you will be required to have one.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
But does it needs to be done before we make an appointment for medical or will they themselves do it? Any idea about the medical cost overall?

·
Registered
23 Posts
you need to bring polio vaccination report with you on medical test date, so definitely it needs to be done before the test.
Its free, just visit any government/civil hospital in your area and ask them. You will be vaccinated and will be given little "certificate" :p

As for as cost is concern, I told ya in my first post.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thank you for your detailed response :)

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hello Guys,

My name is Muhammad. Me and my wife has applied for 190 visa two days ago. We are based and are from Pakistan. I want to know as we have lodged our visa, when should we book our appointments and undertake our health examinations. We have already updated our details at e-Medical and got our referral letters. We want to get it done before the CO asks for it so that it can save us time. However, I came across a document named "Arranging a Health Examination" in which it says:

When to arrange your health examinations

I have already lodged my Australian visa application

You will be advised by email or by your case officer what health examinations you need to do (if any). You will then be requested to complete these examinations within a certain time period. Please wait until your visa case officer contacts you, do not use the My Health Declarations service if you have already lodged a visa application. It will delay processing of your visa application.
Note: To minimise processing delays, you should complete your required health examinations as soon as possible after your case officer has advised you to do so.

So is it wise that we should wait until our CO is assigned and then ask for our medical or should we get our appointment and get done with our medical beforehand.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Hi everyone, I just lodged 189 application but could not find the button to generate HAP ID (to do medical) on immiaccount webpage.

Can anyone shed light on this or the HAP ID will be automatically generated and I just have to wait a few days?

Many thanks for your reply.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts