Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I wish to immigrate to Australia. I am based in Pune.
I read quite a lot postings here and confused whether to hire a consultant or not.
If yes, which ?
I can spare time and my case is not complex. But on the other side, I don't want to loose on my dream due to faulty documentation and wrong application !

ANZSCO code 225411 Sales representative (Industrial Products) is matching 100% with my current role. One of the consultants told me that the cap or ceiling for this occupation is ceased/closed/unavailable for the current planning year. It seems true as it is not reflecting in SOL. But they say that they are confident that the cap will get open next year i.e. 1/7/15. Is it true ? Should I start the process with a hope that the cap will be open in July ?
Please guide.
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

Please see my comments inline....

Hi All,

I wish to immigrate to Australia. I am based in Pune.
I read quite a lot postings here and confused whether to hire a consultant or not.
If yes, which ?
I can spare time and my case is not complex. But on the other side, I don't want to loose on my dream due to faulty documentation and wrong application !

[JEET] - AS you are willing to spend TIME and understand the process, THEN you should NOT go via an Agent.

ANZSCO code 225411 Sales representative (Industrial Products) is matching 100% with my current role. One of the consultants told me that the cap or ceiling for this occupation is ceased/closed/unavailable for the current planning year. It seems true as it is not reflecting in SOL. But they say that they are confident that the cap will get open next year i.e. 1/7/15. Is it true ? Should I start the process with a hope that the cap will be open in July ?
Please guide.
Thanks in advance.

[JEET] - NO one can predict or SAY for sure that any occupation will be in OR out of SOL.

People/agencies who are claiming this would be merely speculating for trapping Clients.

You will come to know about this ONLY when the list is made public by DIBP.

IF you want to start the process with the hope that your Occupation would be in SOL THEN ITS up-to you.

BUT logically its a matter of another 40 days until July 2015. I would suggest you to wait until THEN.

Reactions: Tan79

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you Jeeten for your reply and advice.

Just one doubt. As you said, I can wait for 40 more days, No problem.
But consultant says that if you are ready with IELTS score and VETASSESS assessment, then when the code cap opens, you can apply immediately before it closes again.
Is it true ?:confused:

·
Registered
3,427 Posts

You can always go ahead with IELTS and Skills assessment until THEN and be prepared.

I can't speculate IF your CODE would be in SOL or NOT in July 2015.

BUT with the hope that I will be in you can always start the process.

All The Best!!!

Thank you Jeeten for your reply and advice.

Just one doubt. As you said, I can wait for 40 more days, No problem.
But consultant says that if you are ready with IELTS score and VETASSESS assessment, then when the code cap opens, you can apply immediately before it closes again.
Is it true ?:confused:

Reactions: batra786

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
South australia for 225411 under 489

I am looking to South Australia under 'Skilled Migrant' Provisional Visa 489.
I have 14 years of experience in India out of which recent 12 years in same field as Sales representative (Industrial products).
My ANZSCO code is 225411 which comes under Supplementary Occupation List.
I have gone through the entire procedure, checklists and requirements and found myself eligible to apply.
Currently I am in the process of collecting all the required documents for Skill assessment, but I am unsure about a particular requirement as mentioned on one of SA information pages. I would like some clarity on the 'Nomination process' - 'Before You Apply' document checklist:

Nomination process

The following is a summary of the documents required. Before you apply, please review the complete document checklist.
1.Copy of the personal details page in your passport.
2.A positive General Skilled Migration skills assessment for your nominated occupation. For international graduates of South Australia, the skills assessment must be in your nominated occupation and field of study in South Australia.
3.Details of English test result, if applicable.
4.Details of financial capacity or Financial Capacity Declaration for international graduates.
5.Letter(s) from employer(s) for Australian work experience stating employment dates, job title, duties and tasks, salary and hours worked per week. If your occupation requires an additional 2-3 years work experience, you should also supply letter(s) from employer(s).

I don't have any Australian work experience. I have 12 years of relevant Indian work experience, for which I can provide sufficient proof/documents. But with reference to above point no. 5 (highlighted in red), kindly inform me if my Indian work experience should be acceptable and make me eligible to apply for South Australia immigration.

Thank you in advance and looking forward for your advice.

With warm regards,

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
I suspect that requirement is only if you are applying on the basis that you have worked in your occupation in SA for the past 12 months. You are eligible for a nomination if any of the following 4 conditions apply:
- international graduate of South Australia.
- worked in a skilled occupation in South Australia for the last 12 months.
- have an immediate family member permanently residing in South Australia for 12 months or more.
- have high points - 80 points or higher.

You need to provide evidence of which criteria you meet.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks Maggie for reply.
I was not sure on that point only. If SA work experience is must, then I don't have any chance.

Btw, I am hoping to meet condition no. 4 - "80 points or higher". (If I score 7 band in IELTS, then I reach to 80 points).

Anybody knows anything about this, please guide me.
Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts