Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well my orange UK phone is proving difficult for local experts to unlock. I'm guessing best thing now is to buy an unlocked handset and get a sim on a non contract monthly deal. I suspect theres more than a few of you guys on here had same experience. Oh btw I'm in Vancouver

·
Registered
77 Posts
I got O2 to unlock my phone on a contract it was free my wife's pay as you go was a small fee. We got a no contract rubbish handset pay as you go with bell so at least we gad a local number. In Vancouver as well

·
Registered
62 Posts
Things are a long way off being as competitive as the uk but when we visit each time we just add credit to a rogers pay as you go sim.

·
Super Moderator
5,180 Posts
Reasonably priced Month to Month contracts are available at Fido.

I have CityFido on a month to month plan and it's great.

I don't talk on the phone that much (but it's good to know that I have unlimited minutes) but do take advantage of the UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL TEXTS portion of the plan... my fiancé lives in London, so I can SMS him as much as I want without having to worry about a gigantic bill at the end of the month.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Reasonably priced Month to Month contracts are available at Fido.

I have CityFido on a month to month plan and it's great.

I don't talk on the phone that much (but it's good to know that I have unlimited minutes) but do take advantage of the UNLIMITED INTERNATIONAL TEXTS portion of the plan... my fiancé lives in London, so I can SMS him as much as I want without having to worry about a gigantic bill at the end of the month.
Thanks very much for that, I'll check it out. So far WIND has the best plan I've seen on the $25, but no credit history yet boo hoo

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.