Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,
I want to come to Australia to study master of hospitality management. My main goal is to get PR after study. Is it possible? because I dont have any experience. (except bachelor internships about 700 hours)
Please guide me.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
You'd need to look at the skilled occupation lists to see what the requirements are to get a positive skills assessment. Most occupations require a combination of education plus work experience after graduation in order to get a positive skills assessment. So there are very few opportunities for student visa holders to be eligible for a PR visa.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
You'd need to look at the skilled occupation lists to see what the requirements are to get a positive skills assessment. Most occupations require a combination of education plus work experience after graduation in order to get a positive skills assessment. So there are very few opportunities for student visa holders to be eligible for a PR visa.
But I have many friends that could get PR after studying then working in AU.

·
Registered
460 Posts
But I have many friends that could get PR after studying then working in AU.
Each years the government changes the rules make it harder for this to happen. Students who could get PR three years ago would not qualify if they applied now. When your finish the degree AND have a years post degree experience you look to see if that profession is still on the list. If it's not then too bad. Student visas are non migrating visas. Your plan mighty be toget PR but that that is your plan. If immigration finds this out before they grant you the visa..you will not get it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts