Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will i be able to get a post paid mobile and broadband connection once i land on Melbourne?

Will it be a problem since i dont have salary slip to show...

would i be able to sign up to a mobile plan which gives the mobile phone and the connection ...what would be the minimum requirements for this..the moment i land would it be possible to sign up for one of these plans ?:spit:

·
Registered
259 Posts
I would suggest getting a cheap pre-paid sim at first. Don't fall for the mobile phone+connection trap. Expensive and a rip off imo. BYO mobile and go for the cheapest costs. TPG comes to mind if you're a heavy user. We got our mobiles from India (nothing fancy as I use it to make/receive calls and store numbers, that's it!)

Once you find a rental and have a permanent address it's very easy to get a post-paid connection. You don't need to provide any salary cert and stuff.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I would suggest getting a cheap pre-paid sim at first. Don't fall for the mobile phone+connection trap. Expensive and a rip off imo. BYO mobile and go for the cheapest costs. TPG comes to mind if you're a heavy user. We got our mobiles from India (nothing fancy as I use it to make/receive calls and store numbers, that's it!)

Once you find a rental and have a permanent address it's very easy to get a post-paid connection. You don't need to provide any salary cert and stuff.
I am planning to get a Galaxy Note on contract after I land but your comments have made me a little cautious.
Could you please elaborate on your reasons for considering mobile + connection a rip off?
Thanks,
sharemyhead

·
Registered
259 Posts
I am planning to get a Galaxy Note on contract after I land but your comments have made me a little cautious.
Could you please elaborate on your reasons for considering mobile + connection a rip off?
Thanks,
sharemyhead
Heard lots of complaints with pertaining to data usage charges. Also these are typically 1-2 year contracts and the end cost to user works out more expensive than if you BYO.

Excessive data usage charges not in line with usag... - Vodafone Community

ACCC warns iPhone users to watch out for excessive data charges

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.