Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

My wife applied for the spouse visa to come to the UK from Japan at the end of March.
Since then we have been waiting without any decision for coming up to 6 months now. The visa has been put on pause since the end of June, and although they said they are lifting the pause on "paused" applications since the court ruling for new rules was settled in August, based on progress so far I cannot forsee them looking at our application anytime soon. The visa application site still states my wifes visa as "In-active".

I have been trying to get answers from them as to why it was paused and when it will be done but it is like talking to a brick wall, and we get the same response just to wait.

At this point I feel no other choice but to resign to waiting, If we applied again there isn't any guarantee that it won't be paused again.

My question is how on earth can my wife get her passport back? I have asked them many times but they have done nothing. They said they would return her passport when they paused the application which was three months ago....

I'm really hoping at least she can get her passport back so that she can come visit me around christmas. Because the rate things are going I doubt things will be settled by this year.

Has anyone had a similar situation, and is there a way to get the passport back?

·
Registered
122 Posts
On July 3rd I received 3 emails

1st stating that "UKVI is currently unable to process your application and your documents are being returned whilst this pause is in place."

2nd "not straight forward" email

3rd asking for additional information which I sent immediately

They were all minutes apart and in that order. My passport/ documents were never returned to me. I've since escalated my case several times and was told there's nothing that can be done but to wait. I understand your frustration I've been waiting almost 6 months as well.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.