Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I need advice please..... My husband has applied in Nigeria for spouse visa and I am about to send off the supporting documents.
Had an accident and the land registry have been messed up!!! Do I have to send these? ( I kno its a yes....) Anybody have any ideas how long it will take me to obtain a copy, bicos I'm on a tight timeframe????

ANy advice please????

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Hi I need advice please..... My husband has applied in Nigeria for spouse visa and I am about to send off the supporting documents.
Had an accident and the land registry have been messed up!!! Do I have to send these? ( I kno its a yes....) Anybody have any ideas how long it will take me to obtain a copy, bicos I'm on a tight timeframe????

ANy advice please????
What do you mean by "messed up" re: land registry? What is your living situation in the UK - why are you sending a land registry?

Not sure how long it would take to acquire a copy - best to call on Monday morning and find out.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry I'm in such a panic I didn't explain well. The docs have been torn accidently by my sister. I'm a UK citizen and I live in a mortgaged property, and my husband has applied to join me in the UK.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for reply Joppa....Just checked and one of the notes it makes is that it does not "provide documents that can be used as evidence in court; for this you would need to request an official copy"??? This has to be done by post.
Do u think the online copies will still be sufficient?

Thanks again, the forum is so helpful. cant thank ppl enough for taking time to respond.

·
Registered
39,127 Posts
People have sent online copy as part of proof for accommodation and has been accepted. What they mean by court is if there is a dispute about title or ownership to be decided.

·
Registered
25 Posts

ANy advice please????
Hello,

You can get the title deed instantly online with the land registry.

Land Registry Title Deeds, Environmental Searches and other Conveyancing Searches for the UK and Ireland

It only cost me a few pounds but was well worth it.

Good luck! :)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.