Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am planning to move to Cebu in a few months, does anybody have info on the best way to get my car there? :car:

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
If you really like your driving you could drive down to Matnog then RORO across to Samir. Then drive to Ormoc Letye and RORO to Cebu.

·
Registered
45 Posts
If you really like your driving you could drive down to Matnog then RORO across to Samir. Then drive to Ormoc Letye and RORO to Cebu.
Have you ever done a drive like that? I've often fancied doing a drive like that from Manila but wasn't sure of the practicality/advisability. (Yes, I enjoy driving).

·
Registered
271 Posts
Have you ever done a drive like that? I've often fancied doing a drive like that from Manila but wasn't sure of the practicality/advisability. (Yes, I enjoy driving).
I have. You need only your Vehicle CR and Drivers License to get your vehicle on the RORO. I never once encountered a check point type harassment. The roads were fine. If you are adventurous then I highly recommend the drive to Cebu.

The easiest/fastest route is RORO Matnog to Allen then RORO Ormoc to Cebu

If you are not in a hurry and your budget allows it then i suggest

RORO Batangas to Mindoro, Calapan City.

RORO Dangay Port to Catlican Port

RORO Dumangas Port to Bacolod

RORO Guinhulgan Port to Tangil Cebu

·
Registered
53 Posts
Car Shipping

I have. You need only your Vehicle CR and Drivers License to get your vehicle on the RORO. I never once encountered a check point type harassment. The roads were fine. If you are adventurous then I highly recommend the drive to Cebu.

The easiest/fastest route is RORO Matnog to Allen then RORO Ormoc to Cebu

If you are not in a hurry and your budget allows it then i suggest

RORO Batangas to Mindoro, Calapan City.

RORO Dangay Port to Catlican Port

RORO Dumangas Port to Bacolod

RORO Guinhulgan Port to Tangil Cebu
This is interesting! I live in Tagbilaran City, Bohol. I knew that I could ship my car to Cebu from Bohol. So it sounds like I could take my car from Bohol to Manila or Olongapo. My guess is this is both time consuming and costly, but it sounds like an adventure.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hi guys thanks for the reply. That actualy does sound like awesome idea. I love road trips like that. I've done a few long distance trips to the north like Pagudpud. Even though it is not really that far from Olongapo in miles or kilometres it took me 16hrs of driving just stopping for fuel and cr break because we had to back the next day. Going up took us a few days slow driving and enjoying the fews stopping over at hundred islands, sufing beach Pangasinan, Baguio, Vigan and finaly a resort close to PagudPud.
I have always wanted to do te trip South also so i think that will be my way thanks..

·
Registered
271 Posts
This is interesting! I live in Tagbilaran City, Bohol. I knew that I could ship my car to Cebu from Bohol. So it sounds like I could take my car from Bohol to Manila or Olongapo. My guess is this is both time consuming and costly, but it sounds like an adventure.
I was in Tagbilaran last year. We did the RORO from Hilongos Port Leyte to Ubay Port Bohol then Tagbilaran Port to Cebu.

Every RORO we used had Big buses, Tractor Trailers, Cranes, Payloaders, Cars, Motorcycles, etc.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Thanks for the information! Out of interest, what is the quality of the overnight accommodation along the Manila - Cebu driving route, and are there any hotels that you would particularly recommend? And what would be the rough timescales for each segment of the route? (Sorry for all the questions!)

·
Registered
271 Posts
Thanks for the information! Out of interest, what is the quality of the overnight accommodation along the Manila - Cebu driving route, and are there any hotels that you would particularly recommend? And what would be the rough timescales for each segment of the route? (Sorry for all the questions!)
Which route?

Luzon (Matnog), Samar, Leyte, Cebu or Luzon (Batangas), Mindoro, Panay, ******, Cebu?

·
Registered
2,261 Posts
Although we were travelling in the other direction. Ormoc to Lagaspi was about 14 hours and Lagaspi to Manila about 11 hours. I would stop at lagaspi then probably Tacloban. That would give about 3 days travel from manila to Cebu.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts