Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
Have leased a flat in London and am moving there next week from New York.
Can anyone tell me how one gets wifi in one's flat?
Is there one company with a better reputation than others?
Thank you.

·
Registered
638 Posts
Use comparison websites such as uswitch to find out what's available in your area. In the past I was up and running within a week.

Also check with your mobile phone provider you choose on arrival, most if not all offer home broadband now.

I would have recommended o2 broadband, I was with them since 2006 but they've now been bought by Sky.

·
Registered
39,104 Posts
Start by getting a PAYG SIM for your unlocked smartphone (the Three is good) for mobile internet (around £10 a month), or a dongle for your laptop. To get home broadband installed, you first need to find out if you have a BT or another phone line in your property (broadband supplier can do a check), and you either reactivate the line (cost nothing to around £120) or get a new line (free to £120 installation). Once your landline is installed/reactivated, you can have broadband from a provider of your choice (they can often help with landline issue). Or if you are in a cable area (just one company - Virgin Media), you can get a cable phone and cable broadband.
Provided you get a decent mobile phone coverage in your flat, many renters dispense with home broadband and just use mobile internet.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Wow. That was a mouthful! Thank you for taking the time to offer your advice. I shall look into all that as soon as I move in.
Thanks again, Joppa.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.