Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Iwas reading that when moving back to the UK, it helps to have proof that you are intending to stay for good by producing proof of:
De-registering from the
Tax system
Padron
Foreigners Register
before leaving Spain.
This would be a good form of proof, BUT,
This begs the question-if anything happened between deregistering these 3 and going back to UK, such as being seriously ill, having an accident etc, you would be in limbo, not covered by either the Spanish or UK health system, and therefore would be landed with huge bills.
Is there no method by which a person could be de registered after going home, sending the padron, healthcard and residencia card back by post, or perhaps deregistering on line?
JO JO -you have been in tis position-what did you do?
Or do people simply not bother de-registering at all.

·
Registered
33,612 Posts
Iwas reading that when moving back to the UK, it helps to have proof that you are intending to stay for good by producing proof of:
De-registering from the
Tax system
Padron
Foreigners Register
before leaving Spain.
This would be a good form of proof, BUT,
This begs the question-if anything happened between deregistering these 3 and going back to UK, such as being seriously ill, having an accident etc, you would be in limbo, not covered by either the Spanish or UK health system, and therefore would be landed with huge bills.
Is there no method by which a person could be de registered after going home, sending the padron, healthcard and residencia card back by post, or perhaps deregistering on line?
JO JO -you have been in tis position-what did you do?
Or do people simply not bother de-registering at all.
It was slightly different for me as we owned a property in the UK and my husband continued to work and pay tax, NI in the UK and therefore as his dependents we just came back. He was always a "visitor" in Spain and stayed less than 183 days a year (unfortunately), I was the resident, but I worked in Spain, had an employment contract and paid my taxes, but I also had an S1

Jo xxx

1 - 2 of 2 Posts