Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,

Just to check with the more experienced ones :), what would be the best value-for-money solution for

1) getting an Aussie number (either land-line or mobile) while I'm still in Singapore so that companies that I target in my job-hunt will be able to easily contact me? The closest that I know of so far is Skype's service, but it looks rather expensive (it's a pay-per-month thing), for something which I may be using only sporadically at best. Or perhaps this isn't a significant issue and companies would be willing to call me at my Singapore mobile number?

2) getting an Aussie mobile number once I get there. What are the better companies / plans you would recommend? :) For someone who doesn't use the phone a whole lot and only wants to stay contactable by close friends and relatives.

Regards,
Keng Onn.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Hi,

1) getting an Aussie number (either land-line or mobile) while I'm still in Singapore so that companies that I target in my job-hunt will be able to easily contact me? The closest that I know of so far is Skype's service, but it looks rather expensive (it's a pay-per-month thing), for something which I may be using only sporadically at best. Or perhaps this isn't a significant issue and companies would be willing to call me at my Singapore mobile number?
I think if they really like you they will be willing to call you. I wouldn't go to the trouble of getting an AU phone number.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts