Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

I'm quite into playing sports like football (soccer!)/tennis/rugby/hockey/anything here in the UK and I'm wondering if there are any organized teams/leagues in Canada? There are quite extensive local leagues and clubs etc in the UK for a number of sports, does anyone here know if there is anything similar set up in any region of Canada? I'm looking to move to (most likely) Toronto later this year and it'd be great to be able to keep playing the sports I love!
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Nick

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Hi

I'm quite into playing sports like football (soccer!)/tennis/rugby/hockey/anything here in the UK and I'm wondering if there are any organized teams/leagues in Canada? There are quite extensive local leagues and clubs etc in the UK for a number of sports, does anyone here know if there is anything similar set up in any region of Canada? I'm looking to move to (most likely) Toronto later this year and it'd be great to be able to keep playing the sports I love!
Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Cheers
Nick
The answer is an unequivocal YES. The GTA has a population of about 7 million so there are many organized sports. You may have some trouble with field hockey, if that's what you're alluding to because, as I'm sure you know, ice hockey dominates here so, if you haven't tried it, there's a challenge for you.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The answer is an unequivocal YES. The GTA has a population of about 7 million so there are many organized sports. You may have some trouble with field hockey, if that's what you're alluding to because, as I'm sure you know, ice hockey dominates here so, if you haven't tried it, there's a challenge for you.
Great news! Thanks for the response Auld Yin. I've been playing amateur soccer for most of my life and would love to join a new club/team in Toronto or wherever I end up, do you know of any good websites or sources for these?

Cheers,
Nick

·
Registered
4,458 Posts
Great news! Thanks for the response Auld Yin. I've been playing amateur soccer for most of my life and would love to join a new club/team in Toronto or wherever I end up, do you know of any good websites or sources for these?

Cheers,
Nick
Just Google "soccer in toronto". I'm sure hundreds of websites will be shown.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.