Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a long and arduous tale but I'll try and cut it short :)

I am 16 weeks pregnant and have just set up my own business under the auto enterpreneur scheme here in France.

I did this for the sole reason that I was told it was easier to get a Social Security number that way.

I started trading on 1st September and that's all going really well, I ran my own business in the UK so it's not anything new to me and that bit is easy!

I paid someone to set everything up for me - she registered me and although I had to constantly chase her, things seemed ok.

She charged me 250E for the privilege - all fine so far.

EXCEPT, the whole reason I went to her, stressed over many emails, was to get my social security number. I pay her invoice and ask when i will receive this number. 'Fax me the paperwork you've had and i'll tell you which one it is' she says.

I fax her the certificat d'inscription I have for my business. She says 'hmmm it's not on there' and says she will phone my local RSI office.

I hear nothing from her until I chase her 2 days later and she says 'I don't have the time to be on the phone for you all day - can't you phone them or get a friend to do it' Err yes, I could, but that's what I just paid you for....

Today my partner phones them to be told that I can't have a SS number as they don't have my birth certificate - WHICH SHE DIDN'T ASK FOR!!! Also that I may have to send paperwork to another office. To say I'm unhappy is to put it mildly - I've chased and chased her, stressed right from the beginning that all I want is the SS number and I still don't have one. To then have her tell me she doesn't have the time to chase it up, well I'm 5 seconds away from cancelling her cheque.

I go to the CAF - they want my SS number.

No-one knows what anyone else is doing - the lady I used basically filled in a form online to set up my business and then wiped her hands of me, and what she has done I could have actually have done myself. From the beginning I told her I NEEDED the SS number. I've had to chase her to find out what's going on, chse her again to find she doesn't have the paperwork she needs, chase her again to ask her what happens next, and now I find taht the right paperwork hasn't gone to the RSI anyway!!!

AAAGGGGGHHHHHH!!!! All I want is a social security number and someone to tell me what happens next - is it really that difficult?

I'm also presuming tht until I get my SS number, I cn't pay into the health system either - so have no idea where I stand.

Grrrr it's a good job I adore living in France LOL

·
Administrator
50,411 Posts
OK, it was several years ago that I first got my SS number here, but I didn't have to give them a birth certificate. Of that, I'm sure. But maybe things have changed.

As to the person you paid to set up your auto-entrepreneur - she was paid to do that for you and normally getting the SS number isn't part of that (because a French person would already have a SS number). People are definitely pigeon-holed in France and it's one of those things we just have to learn to live with. "Think outside the box" is definitely not a French proverb...

Do you have one of those E forms from the UK? That could help unblock the log jam.

Or, if you have your SIRET number, go to this website: Déclarer et payer ses cotisations de l'auto-entrepreneur and register your business so you can start making your payments online. If the system won't accept your form without a sécu number, use the "aide" rubrique to ask how to do that. (This all has to be in French, of course.)

I've found this net-entreprise website to be very responsive to questions. For the SARLs they actually have a form for declaring a first hire, which includes the part for requesting a sécu number. What you're looking for is the equivalent of the DUE (déclaration unique d'embauche) for the autoentrepreneur statut.

Courage, as they say here in France.
Cheers,
Bev

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks (again!) Bev - as always, you're a star :)

The nnoying thing about the woman I paid is that i told her right from the beginning that I needed her help to get me the secu and she agreed to that - that's why the fee was higher than usual - grrr!

Will try with your link now - the most helful suggestion I've had in about 6 weeks!!

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry to be a pin again!

I have:

Attest salaire
(Attestation de salaire pour le versement des indemnités journalières)

Attestation AC
(Espace personnel Pôle emploi)

Auto-entreprise
(Déclaration de l’auto-entrepreneur)

C3S
(Contribution sociale de solidarité des sociétés)

CSpectacles
(Les Congés Spectacles)

DADS-U
(Déclaration automatisée des données sociales unifiée)
DADS-U CI-BTP
(DADS-U pour les caisses Congés intempéries BTP)
DAT
(Déclaration d’accident du travail)
DCR
(Déclaration commune des revenus)
Décl. CCVRP
(Déclarations des employeurs de VRP multicartes)
DN-AC dépôt
(Déclaration nominative - assurance chômage)
DN-AC EDI
(Inscription à la déclaration nominative - assurance chômage en mode EDI machine à machine)
DUCS
(Déclaration unifiée de cotisations sociales)
DUE
(Déclaration unique d’embauche)
Espace MSA
(Déclarations MSA)
net-intempéries
(Déclaration d’arrêt de travail et demande de remboursement intempéries)

Presumably I need:
Auto-entreprise
(Déclaration de l’auto-entrepreneur)

?

·
Administrator
50,411 Posts
have registered and given them my bank details - now lets see what happens :confused:
Your first declaration is due by the end of October - and normally they don't open up the declaration for business until maybe the 25th of September, possibly not until the 1st of October or so.

Apparently you file quarterly - so if you started business in September, you make your first declaration next month for just the one month. Then, the next declaration will be in January for October through December.

But try asking the question through their "aide" function and see what they tell you.

Or, try going directly to URSSAF http://www.contact.urssaf.fr/identification.do
Just stumbled onto this site - and it's under the rubrique that translates to "I don't have an account - and I'm a creator of an entreprise." Sounds like you, doesn't it?

Stick your postal code into the section on the far right to start the process. They'll hook you up with your local URSSAF office . What's confusing here is the number of agencies and which one to contact for what. URSSAF takes your cotisations, but CPAM (now called Améli) is the one that reimburses you.
Cheers,
Bev

G

·
That's interesting ref the quarterly filing Bev - I assumed it was 3 months from set-up. Oops. Started up mine at the beginning of May, but assumed it had to be filed in August. Have been in Thailand since and have perdu le fil un peu.

·
Administrator
50,411 Posts
That's interesting ref the quarterly filing Bev - I assumed it was 3 months from set-up. Oops. Started up mine at the beginning of May, but assumed it had to be filed in August. Have been in Thailand since and have perdu le fil un peu.
Ah, but you forget, all these deadlines are really set up to make things easy for the fonctionnaires - not for the entrepreneur! They all work their little brains out the month that the declarations are being filed, and heavens knows what they do the rest of the time. :noidea:

Actually, missing a first filing may not be too enormous a problem. Possibly a 10% penalty or something. Take a look at that net-entreprise website. Once you're signed up they do tend to send you little e-mail reminders so that it's actually quite handy.
Cheers,
Bev

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.