Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

We are intending to move completely to France. In exploring the options. I would like to know more about getting a Mortgage in France from a French Bank/company. If and when I sell my house I would probably need a small mortgage to complete the deal and get what we need.
Any advice or ideas?
Also has anyone got any particular recommendations regarding Banks or individual brokers which would be very useful.

Many Thanks:clap2:

·
Registered
30 Posts
Hello,

We are intending to move completely to France. In exploring the options. I would like to know more about getting a Mortgage in France from a French Bank/company. If and when I sell my house I would probably need a small mortgage to complete the deal and get what we need.
Any advice or ideas?
Also has anyone got any particular recommendations regarding Banks or individual brokers which would be very useful.

Many Thanks:clap2:
Hi there,

If you're looking for a mortgage from a French bank you could look at BNP Paribas. They are happy to provide mortgages to UK residents for property purchases in France. What I would also bring to your attention is that the French mortgage rates are slightly steep, normally well over 4%.

Have you thought of approaching a UK bank with an overseas mortgage lending service, such as Lloyds TSB International Mortgages. We've just used them and their rates are much better at 1.59% (over base). Lloyds TSB also won best overseas mortgage provider 4 years in a row, so they must be doing something right.

If I can be of more assistance just ask.

Good luck.

Regards,

Lloyd J.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi there,

If you're looking for a mortgage from a French bank you could look at BNP Paribas. They are happy to provide mortgages to UK residents for property purchases in France. What I would also bring to your attention is that the French mortgage rates are slightly steep, normally well over 4%.

Have you thought of approaching a UK bank with an overseas mortgage lending service, such as Lloyds TSB International Mortgages. We've just used them and their rates are much better at 1.59% (over base). Lloyds TSB also won best overseas mortgage provider 4 years in a row, so they must be doing something right.

If I can be of more assistance just ask.

Good luck.

Regards,

Lloyd J.
Thank you Lloyd that was very helpful I will check out these possibilities

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hi,

Let your French mortgage broker help you, he will choose the best deals for your unique situation.
It is worth to know that your french mortgage application won't affect your credit report in the UK.
In addition there is no such thing as credit report in FR, so if your application gets rejected you can easily go to an another bank !

Regards,
Adam

·
Registered
4,910 Posts
Hello

I've had 2 mortgages in France and there was no great problem. You migh be interesting th events in Sept 2011 when I bought 2 apartments as an investment. The purchase price was 94k€ and I wanted a 40k€ mortgage. My bank offered x% (sorry can't remember the exact rate). I went to a mortgage broker who shaved a bit off the rate. I took the offer back to my bank and they shaved a decent bit off the broker's rate. So , it pays to shop around tell the players that you are shopping around.

You can also push and shove on the mandatory life assurance also - you don't have to accept the lender's offer.

........DejW

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.