Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am an Indian currently studying in Australia on a student visa. I would like to add my husband as a dependent on my visa. Can anyone guide me on how this needs to be done?

·
Registered
22,830 Posts
I am an Indian currently studying in Australia on a student visa. I would like to add my husband as a dependent on my visa. Can anyone guide me on how this needs to be done?
Give complete details of your student visa and it’s validity
Also the course you are doing

Cheers

·
Registered
22,830 Posts
Include family
You can include family members when you lodge your visa application. For student visas, your family member is:
your partner, or
your or your partner's dependent child who is unmarried and has not turned 18 years of age.
You must declare your family members in your student visa application even if they do not plan to travel with you to Australia. If you do not do this, your family members will not be eligible for a student visa to join you in Australia.
Your family members can also apply as a subsequent entrant (at a later time, separate from your application) in ImmiAccount.
Family members who apply for the visa must meet our requirements for health and character.

Did you declare your husband when you applied for the student visa ?
If so, what is the problem ?

Cheers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts