Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 100 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello to everyone,

First of all many thanks to expatforum to give me a chance to short out confusion in such a wonderful way.

Here i would like to have resolution against my doubts for Germany JOB SEEKER VISA. kindly refer as mentioned below.

1) What is the successful ratio of getting JOB over there once we get down in GERMANY on JOB SEEKER VISA?

2) I have total 4 years of experience as a Project Planning Engineer in Mechanical Industries. Is there any chances to have same JOB in same filed as Project Engineer in which i am working right now.? I am bit confused because Project stream is differ country to country so what is the ratio of being success in interview for the same position job? would they have vacancies in project or we need to start from beginning? Pls advise thoroughly...

3) German Language B1 course would be okay initially?

Regards,
Rutul

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
1. it depends on so many factors. cant give a straight yes or no
2. Have you ever worked with German clients?
3. If you are REALLY B1 fluent, it is good.
Hi, Really Thanks for your response..

1) okay. But my intention to ask you is, what could be a ratio (i.e. shall i say like 75% of candidate can get a JOB in such visa category in conjunction with current market scenario) is it?

2) No. Also my point is not that i want only project related JOB but the thing is to get a JOB at any of the way.

3) Thanks for your resolution. :)

·
Super Moderator
1,846 Posts
Hello to everyone,

First of all many thanks to expatforum to give me a chance to short out confusion in such a wonderful way.

Here i would like to have resolution against my doubts for Germany JOB SEEKER VISA. kindly refer as mentioned below.

1) What is the successful ratio of getting JOB over there once we get down in GERMANY on JOB SEEKER VISA?

2) I have total 4 years of experience as a Project Planning Engineer in Mechanical Industries. Is there any chances to have same JOB in same filed as Project Engineer in which i am working right now.? I am bit confused because Project stream is differ country to country so what is the ratio of being success in interview for the same position job? would they have vacancies in project or we need to start from beginning? Pls advise thoroughly...

3) German Language B1 course would be okay initially?

Regards,
Rutul
I don't think there is any comprehensive data available, yet, as the jobseeker visa is a relatively recent addition to the German visa categories.

So far I haven't even heard of a successful visa application, let alone somebody who went and got himself a job in Germany.

The German Embassy seems to refuse most visas because applicants can't make it clear that they have done their research on Germany and its job market and how exactly they want to go about applying for jobs there.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Yes, I do believe the quality of the applications are not good enough. Expectations are not met.

Candidates need to take the application process more seriously to avoid frustrations.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Would be great if you could give some advice!

1. it depends on so many factors. cant give a straight yes or no
2. Have you ever worked with German clients?
3. If you are REALLY B1 fluent, it is good.
Hey there,
I am Karthik, completed my biomed engg masters in Uk. Planning to apply for job seekers visa in Germany. i have been reading around that the success rate of this visa type is very less. I should mention i have got couple of interview offers from hospitals in germany. i have some contacts in germany through them i was able to get the interview.

my question is, do u think since i already have couple of interview offers, i would have better success rate in obtaining the visa?

thanks

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello all. I've been lurking around this forum, reading up for the past 6 months. Now I'm here to give back to this community.

I recently moved to Germany on a Job seeker visa from the UK, where I did my MBA. The process is pretty straight forward. You need your CV, work experience and academic certificates, proof of funds sufficient to take care of your living expenses. and a cover letter stating your plan. I'll try and break it down a bit.

• CV - Keep it down to one page if possible
  • Work experience letters - Put together everything you can, offer letters, relieving letters, promotion/appraisal letter etc
  • Academic certificates - From high school up to your highest qualification, incl professional training (if any)
  • Cover letter - One page, stating the purpose of your application, what your plan of action is, how would you go about it, and what is your back up plan if you fail to make it in Germany. I wrote about how I spoke with a few of my German classmates while studying in the UK, what I did in terms of researching the market, where and how I will look for / apply to jobs. I also mentioned that I will be taking an intensive language course to bring me up to speed (which I'm doing currently). I had also been learning German by myself for 4 months prior to moving here. Anyway, you get the idea...I can email you an outline of my letter if you need. PM me.
  • Proof of funds - This was a bit tricky. As I had recently pumped in all of my savings into my MBA, I had no money left. My dad was kind enough to offer to support me till I start work again. So if someone else is going to 'sponsor' you, they need to go to the German embassy, with all their docs, and get a "Verpflichtungserklärung" or a formal obligation letter. This will have to be submitted along with your application.

I submitted my docs at the Embassy in London, and I got a call the next morning saying my visa ready to be collected.
I moved here about a month ago and I'm halfway through my 4week intensive B1 course. I'm not fluent yet, but that will take time.
Moving on to the job market. It is very hard to find a job without being able to speak German. Even for roles that don't require German, where the business language is English, your potential employer would expect you to speak at least half decent German, so that you can gel well with your colleagues (who may not speak much English), and also so that you fit in well with the rest of the society - which is very important to them as they don't want to invest time and money on hiring someone only to find out that he/she wants to leave in a few months because they can't 'fit in'. And talking about the fitting in part, you really need German to do anything here. Apart from a few signs at major subway/train stations and tourist attractions, you hardly find English. Everythin will be writted and spoken in in German. So do yourself a favour, sign up at your local Goethe Institut and get yourself at least to an A2 level before moving.

Hope that cleared up some of your questions. Please feel free to ask me anything over here or on PM.

Cheers.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Hello all. I've been lurking around this forum, reading up for the past 6 months. Now I'm here to give back to this community.

I recently moved to Germany on a Job seeker visa from the UK, where I did my MBA. The process is pretty straight forward. You need your CV, work experience and academic certificates, proof of funds sufficient to take care of your living expenses. and a cover letter stating your plan. I'll try and break it down a bit.

• Work experience letters - Put together everything you can, offer letters, relieving letters, promotion/appraisal letter etc
  • Academic certificates - From high school up to your highest qualification, incl professional training (if any)
  • Cover letter - One page, stating the purpose of your application, what your plan of action is, how would you go about it, and what is your back up plan if you fail to make it in Germany. I wrote about how I spoke with a few of my German classmates while studying in the UK, what I did in terms of researching the market, where and how I will look for / apply to jobs. I also mentioned that I will be taking an intensive language course to bring me up to speed (which I'm doing currently). I had also been learning German by myself for 4 months prior to moving here. Anyway, you get the idea...I can email you an outline of my letter if you need. PM me.
  • Proof of funds - This was a bit tricky. As I had recently pumped in all of my savings into my MBA, I had no money left. My dad was kind enough to offer to support me till I start work again. So if someone else is going to 'sponsor' you, they need to go to the German embassy, with all their docs, and get a "Verpflichtungserklärung" or a formal obligation letter. This will have to be submitted along with your application.

I submitted my docs at the Embassy in London, and I got a call the next morning saying my visa ready to be collected.
I moved here about a month ago and I'm halfway through my 4week intensive B1 course. I'm not fluent yet, but that will take time.
Moving on to the job market. It is very hard to find a job without being able to speak German. Even for roles that don't require German, where the business language is English, your potential employer would expect you to speak at least half decent German, so that you can gel well with your colleagues (who may not speak much English), and also so that you fit in well with the rest of the society - which is very important to them as they don't want to invest time and money on hiring someone only to find out that he/she wants to leave in a few months because they can't 'fit in'. And talking about the fitting in part, you really need German to do anything here. Apart from a few signs at major subway/train stations and tourist attractions, you hardly find English. Everythin will be writted and spoken in in German. So do yourself a favour, sign up at your local Goethe Institut and get yourself at least to an A2 level before moving.

Hope that cleared up some of your questions. Please feel free to ask me anything over here or on PM.

Cheers.

Congrats about getting the visa. Can you please help us writing the cover letter / motivation letter?

·
Registered
1 Posts
Can I apply from UK for Germany JS Visa ?

Hi,

I am currently in UK and did my Masters in Finance and was planning to move back to India and heard about the Germany Job seeker visa. So can anybody guide me that if I can apply for this visa from UK ?

·
Registered
14 Posts
covering letter

hello exp-e-a-rt

it was great to know about your visa experience, and i would be glad if you could PM me your covering letter.
am applying for this visa soon., and will keep you posted about the update.

thanks a ton.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi exp-e-a-rt,

it would be great if you could send me your letter of motivation as well as my girlfriend would like to come to Germany.

Thanks a lot!

philipp267 hotmail . com

please put between 267 and hotmail the "@"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Cover letter

Hello..

Can you please provide me with your covering letter on niru.jsr gmail com . What short of accommodation proof did you provide them?.Any other stuff I should be careful about..Any help would be appreciated..I Live in UK..

Thanks

·
Registered
45 Posts

Cheers.
Hey there,
I Have left you a Visitors message in your profile. Please do check that.

Thanks
Karthik

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi friend, I found this forum very useful to me. And I just had a look on your post here. This is what I needed to know about applying for job seeker visa to Germany.

If you don't mind, could you please PM me the cover letter (by deleting your private details).
And friend, you said that you had showed them the funds for staying in Germany, Unfortunately I got no one in there even if I have I don't think they will do all the processes to get me an obligation letter. So,

1. what is the amount of funds required for this Job seeker visa (minimum) for the entire 6 months?

2. If you are staying in Germany right now, how much does it cost for living in Germany per month?

3. Is it possible for me to get thi visa without a formal obligation letter? with only showing the proof of funds?

4. And when you gave them the proof of funds, do they require bank statements for up to some months and are they gonna ask the source of income? If my dad is helping me on this like you did.

Please reply to my message via PM or on this thread. It would really help me a lot, friend.

Thank you

·
Registered
149 Posts
Hi friend, I found this forum very useful to me. And I just had a look on your post here. This is what I needed to know about applying for job seeker visa to Germany.

If you don't mind, could you please PM me the cover letter (by deleting your private details).
And friend, you said that you had showed them the funds for staying in Germany, Unfortunately I got no one in there even if I have I don't think they will do all the processes to get me an obligation letter. So,

1. what is the amount of funds required for this Job seeker visa (minimum) for the entire 6 months?

2. If you are staying in Germany right now, how much does it cost for living in Germany per month?

3. Is it possible for me to get thi visa without a formal obligation letter? with only showing the proof of funds?

4. And when you gave them the proof of funds, do they require bank statements for up to some months and are they gonna ask the source of income? If my dad is helping me on this like you did.

Please reply to my message via PM or on this thread. It would really help me a lot, friend.

Thank you
1) you have to show the funds for 6months, atleast 5k euros
2) its depends on where do you stay, 600 euros may be sufficient if you are staying in sharing basis. i read people are surviving with 400 euros.
3) yes
4)i'm not sure about this. from my knowledge you might have to open a block account in germany and transfer the money to that account.

if i am wrong with 4th. please do correct it.

anaskanon you can call up german consulate and have check on your 4th question and update us also.

Regards

·
Registered
4 Posts
German Job Seeker Visa Eligibility

Hello,

I wanted to apply for Germany Job seeker visa. Below is my education and professional details:

- Engineering in Information Technology
- MBA in IT and Marketing
- Work experience of 2 Years as IT business developer

I would like to know about my success chances and feasibility of my profile as per Germany job market. Also Do i need a job offer from german company before applying for visa?

If anything is missing and required then please let me know that specific thing so that i can work on that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ashish

·
Registered
45 Posts
Hello,

I wanted to apply for Germany Job seeker visa. Below is my education and professional details:

- Engineering in Information Technology
- MBA in IT and Marketing
- Work experience of 2 Years as IT business developer

I would like to know about my success chances and feasibility of my profile as per Germany job market. Also Do i need a job offer from german company before applying for visa?

If anything is missing and required then please let me know that specific thing so that i can work on that.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Ashish
Hi ashish,
It's a job seekers visa so you definitely don't need a job offer.

If you have just decided about applying for job seekers visa you should take a look at the following website,

india.diplo.de

You can find the checklist in there.

Regards

1 - 20 of 100 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.