Expat Forum For People Moving Overseas And Living Abroad banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all
Not been in Cyprus for about 7 years. Does anyone know if George's taverna is still running in Mandria? It was opposite Yiannis.
We're thinking of coming over later 'this year to start our property search and my oh loved George's chips!
Thanks

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Mary

We moved over to Cyprus 2yrs ago and settled in Mandria so I can confirm George and Eva are still in Mandria, we ate there just last week.

Round the corner to George used to be Get In bar, was totally gutted and is now Karma, a very stylish Indian/Chinese/Japanese Fusion restaurant which I can thoroughly recommend. Plus there is a new taverna down the same street as the fish & chip restaurant, just past the hairdressers, which is about to open I believe.

Enjoy your trip and good hunting for your property.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
George's tavern mandria

Hi Mapa
Thanks for your reply. There was another George's taverna opposite Yiani's . Is that one still open? We called George and Eva's 'young Yorgo's' and the other 'old Yorgo's'. Hope you're enjoying life in Mandria, we can't wait to come over to start searching.:llama:

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hi Mary

I think you might be referring to Platia Tavern the one with the fountain outside and across the road from Yiannis, in which case no it is empty and has been ever since we've lived here, don't know what the owner was called.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts